Burial/Four Tet - Moth/Wolf Cub 12" (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Did anyone manage to get a copy of this? It's supposed to be released today and is out of stock on pretty much all the UK sites I've checked so far..

Didn't manage to get a copy, but I do have a good quality rip of it.
If anyone wants the link just send me a pm.
Moth is probably track of the year so far for me, incredible stuff.

I think the presale was sold out and most places should be getting more copies next week. I have a copy on the way to me from Norman Records.

Dunno - Wolf Cub just sounds like a decent deep house track. Good bassline but nothing special. If it was a Moodyman track there'd be no hype about it like this.
Moth is Burial by numbers.
Reckon the record is pretty dull overall.

Dunno - Wolf Cub just sounds like a decent deep house track. Good bassline but nothing special. If it was a Moodyman track there'd be no hype about it like this.
True enough to the extent that any Four Tet release is gonna get a higher profile and more listeners than the vast majority of deep house tracks. I still think it's a great tune though.

True enough to the extent that any Four Tet release is gonna get a higher profile and more listeners than the vast majority of deep house tracks. I still think it's a great tune though.

They're both good tunes, just not worthy of the hype imho.
Personally I reckon Burial has run his course at this stage.

Yeah - what's most interesting about him is his style of composition. He's not restrained by dancefloor structures so his music felt really natural.
I see Untrue as a polished version of the first album, which is kinda why I thought it wasn't as good.
I'm curious to hear what he'll do next but I'm not really expecting much.

Personally I reckon Burial has run his course at this stage.

Was just reading through this thread after buying the new Burial Commix remix and I think this quote is starting to ring true for me. I actually loved Untrue and thought Moth was one of the best tracks he'd done, but he seems to have pushed that sound to its limits and this latest one sounds like a bad copy of the prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back