Building a soundbooth and hardware (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

HMD

Supporter
Website
www.rockjihad.com
i bought a bit of kit a couple of years ago for recording voice over stuff based on recommendations from people in this thread. Now i find the need to setup a sound proof vocal booth. There's a couple if things i need recommendations on:
1. someone to build the vocal booth,
2. what hardware do i need to link between the booth and recording room.
3. software, currently i'm using soundtrack pro,
4. how much should i expect to pay
5. mic for booth

thanks

2. what hardware do i need to link between the booth and recording room - basically two long cables is all..cans and xlr. You'll need a wee mic for talkback.Also depends what yer interface set up is
3. software, currently i'm using soundtrack pro - REAPER

5. mic for booth - seeing as though its in an isolated place,any DECENT condensor ..expect to pay about 200

What pissypants said...A vocal booth is only useful if you're in a noisy enviroment..otherwise it'll actually be detrimental to the quality of the sound.Much better off with a directional condensor mic in a quiet room.

It was HMD who turned me onto REAPER!

Respect D Man!

It was HMD who turned me onto REAPER!

Respect D Man!

Eh Gazzer, I think it was me that turned you on to Reaper. Check your thumped history! ;)

Also: Bono (yeah, that dickhead) records his vocals with an SM58 with speakers blaring in the room, using phase cancellation to get rid of some of the spill. DO you need a booth??

Eh Gazzer, I think it was me that turned you on to Reaper. Check your thumped history! ;)

Also: Bono (yeah, that dickhead) records his vocals with an SM58 with speakers blaring in the room, using phase cancellation to get rid of some of the spill. DO you need a booth??

Well..I'll take your word for it Pissy old bean.REAPER BROTHER!!

I've had great results with an SM58..I wouldnt use it for voice overy stuff though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back