Budget lunch (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
I'm a bit skint this week, so I thought I'd do my best to see how cheap I could get a fairly tasty and nutricious lunch for. I chose Tesco and gave myself €10 for the next three days (yes I'm working all weekend.)

3 organic raspberry yogurts €1.95
Head of round lettuce €€0.69
3 kiwi fruits €0.75
3 onion bagels €1.05
2 tomotoes €€0.58
tub of hummous €3.00
2lt water €0.35
Red pepper €0.99

total €9.36 or €3.12 a day. Quite pleased with that. Tasty and just filling enough. I splurged on the hummous and pepper, but I likes them. Pesto and some carrot for grating would have put me under the €3 mark.

I intend to try other combinations in the future. How low can you go?

I heard earlier that someone we know was in town one day, skint and starving. He saw a half sandwich in one of those premade newsagent packages in a bin. He reached in, fished it out and ate it.

Thats thrift!

The cheapest most satifying feed has gotta be beans on toast.

Wheels said:
I'm a bit skint this week, so I thought I'd do my best to see how cheap I could get a fairly tasty and nutricious lunch for. I chose Tesco and gave myself €10 for the next three days (yes I'm working all weekend.)

3 organic raspberry yogurts €1.95
Head of round lettuce €€0.69
3 kiwi fruits €0.75
3 onion bagels €1.05
2 tomotoes €€0.58
tub of hummous €3.00
2lt water €0.35
Red pepper €0.99

total €9.36 or €3.12 a day. Quite pleased with that. Tasty and just filling enough. I splurged on the hummous and pepper, but I likes them. Pesto and some carrot for grating would have put me under the €3 mark.

I intend to try other combinations in the future. How low can you go?
jesus i gotta spruce up my diet.
i wudda got a few moros, milk and a packet of cheesy doritos

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Word, 200g of beans is about 60c, get a half loaf of bread for about a quid. That's what, four lunches for four fifty?

Yeah and Tesco chicken noodles are 14 cent. Beans on toast are fine, but I was making an attempt to cover a few food groups and appeal to my sense of taste a bit more than that.

If I was you , id buy 3 packets of bran flakes in Aldi for 1.39 each. Then Id buy 2 litres of soya milk in Aldi which I dont know the price of because we buy alpro, but anways.

BRAN FLAKES RULES. I'd eat nothing but bran flakes but I tried that last week and my ma gave out to me. You'd swear it was fucking bowels of butter I was eating.

Roisin said:
If I was you , id buy 3 packets of bran flakes in Aldi for 1.39 each. Then Id buy 2 litres of soya milk in Aldi which I dont know the price of because we buy alpro, but anways.

BRAN FLAKES RULES. I'd eat nothing but bran flakes but I tried that last week and my ma gave out to me. You'd swear it was fucking bowels of butter I was eating.

Bowels of butter? Jaysus.

my staple low-cost foodstuff is potatoes.
always have a massive bag of them at home; cheap and useful in hungry situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back