Budapest (2 Viewers)

266025170_3c03419b9f.jpg

budapestzappa5.jpg

58922784.fz2.jpg

Ah Balls, I missed that. Where was it? I'll have to go the next time.

I didn't find the staff rude anywhere though. They were mad polite even when I couldn't understand their heavily accented English. And very patient. Thankfully. Even when I told one of hem to "Lofasz a segedbe!" (Ah, I didn't really. That'd probably get you kilt).

All the older generation had no English but the youth did.

Reminded me a bit of Milan in parts, but that's a good thing. I loved the place.

Did you catch the soldiers in City Park and Heroes Square on the Sunday? Dressed up in costumes thru the ages. Including some Wermacht-style WWII ones. You could play with a Hind Helicopter, a T-72 tank and some AK-47's that day. Check out some of my pics on flickr. Not much there at the moment though.

Ah Balls, I missed that. Where was it? I'll have to go the next time.

I didn't find the staff rude anywhere though. They were mad polite even when I couldn't understand their heavily accented English. And very patient. Thankfully. Even when I told one of hem to "Lofasz a segedbe!" (Ah, I didn't really. That'd probably get you kilt).

All the older generation had no English but the youth did.

Reminded me a bit of Milan in parts, but that's a good thing. I loved the place.

Did you catch the soldiers in City Park and Heroes Square on the Sunday? Dressed up in costumes thru the ages. Including some Wermacht-style WWII ones. You could play with a Hind Helicopter, a T-72 tank and some AK-47's that day. Check out some of my pics on flickr. Not much there at the moment though.

Schiesse, no I didn't know about that. The lady wanted to go to baths as a priority, and who am i to argue? My nickname on holidays is the sergeant, so arranging a trip to see a military parade on our first day would be really asking for it.

btw, the cafe is just off Mikszáth K. square, which is around the back of some university I think. Anyway, the murals were great but no themed menu unfortunately or even any Frank music playing. They even had a peach related dessert that wasn't called Peaches en Regalia! I mean, REALLY!

Schiesse, no I didn't know about that. The lady wanted to go to baths as a priority, and who am i to argue? My nickname on holidays is the sergeant, so arranging a trip to see a military parade on our first day would be really asking for it.

btw, the cafe is just off Mikszáth K. square, which is around the back of some university I think. Anyway, the murals were great but no themed menu unfortunately or even any Frank music playing. They even had a peach related dessert that wasn't called Peaches en Regalia! I mean, REALLY!

Ah, sure they're only cottin' on to English. Give them time.

I didn't know about the army thing either. Just happened across it on my wanderings up to the park. It was like an army recruitment festival, with it aimed at kids. It was mad. Some hot chicks in uniform as well. I'll post some more shots later.

I can't find any reference to what the occasion was. One of my guides said she thought there was some sort of Children/Family Festival day, or something. No idea what that had to do with laying a wreath on the square though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back