Buckfast vs Cheap Sherry? (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

Why is Bucky still the cheap fortified wine of choice for a lot ppl (well Punks and Crusties) when it isn't really that cheap any more - €10+ a bottle - when you can get 2 bottles of 17% sherry of Lidl for the same price?

Does the special Monk herbs (caffeine etc) dive a much better buz and is it worth twice the price?
It's been years since I got drunk on 'bucky' and was looking at the price of it the otherday and didn't realise it had got so expensive...

My apologies to punks and crusties if this is no longer the case, i'm prolly basing my assumption on 15 year old knowlege..

1304.jpg

Tio Nico - 750ml - 17% - Price about €4.79

Versus-Logo.jpg

buckfast_tonic_wine.jpg

Buckfast Tonic Wine - 750ml - 15% - Price about €10

(i'm sure the green and brown bottles are the same strength)

I pay about 8.50/9 a bottle of buckie and yes the caffeine and herbs make all the difference. They're pretty much the only reason to drink it at all.

Buckfast makes you fuckfast.

Sherry is gross.

Actually I don't mind the taste of Sheey at all...

I might get myself a bottle of BF for scientific research..

I detest Buckfast, so I'd be all for the Sherry, and that stuff is actually pretty decent. Lidl's Port is also reasonably pleasant, perfect for hot ports anyway.

in my head i'm saying buckfast but it's been a few years and I actually don't know if I could face it anymore

Was 'VP rich ruby' in my alki -crust days c.20 years ago. good bit cheaper than Buckfast so it was but jayz it was MANKY. Used to ocassionallly drink Sanatogen instead of bucky, is it still around?
CSG001.jpg

Ask me now though - I'll tell ya they're all muck.

Nah Bucky is great. It's got 14.8% alcohol and someone told me it's got the caffine equivalent of eight cans of coke. 281 mg to be exact that's 2.64 litres of coke and 280 ml of vodka. it's not that crazy unless you drink that in under an hour and follow it up with a bottle of tully. don't know how it got such a bad name really. It tastes amazing too boot.

buckys the fucking shiznit, nothing like a bottle of it just before you go out or the minute after the offie opens after partying all night and drinking the ends of stale cans.

buckys the fucking shiznit, nothing like a bottle of it just before you go out or the minute after the offie opens after partying all night and drinking the ends of stale cans.

And thus speaketh the sage of Buckfast..

I drank half a bottle of that Sherry and watched half a fil about Diane Arbus after I got home from the pub last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back