Bring Over Hwm, Against Me!??? (1 Viewer)

rape the drummer

Website
Visit site
both hot water music and against me! are touring europe in february or march next year i think(seperate tours) just wondering is anyone gonna try and bring em over here-i would but the whole concept is sadly foreign to me,

maybe someday,maybe someday.................

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD HOT WATER MUSIC???? oh man you don't know what your missing their real heart felt hardcore indie/emo punk or something like that-two singers with pure raw emotion. their new stuffs a lot mor emo than their old stuff-but its not whiny emo, ya know? and another thing with em is-you just can't decide which album is your fave-and their meant to be one of the best live bands around. i think their tour MIGHT already be booked but still-someone could check it out if their in the whole promoters business

HAHAHAHAHA! Fucking emo! Who the fuck listens to emo apart from depressed students who can't face their finals? I'd go to see them just to piss on their little fucking stall and their pink fucking guitars and watch them cry like a fucking bereaved new yorker.

Nobody in their right mind would admit to liking any music called "emo". even the bands are embarrased to be called it! imagine, "hi, i play in a band" what kind of music do u play? "emo". fucks sake!

ps. Winty, log off when ur finished please.

We're all about 4-tracks, distortion pedals, broken equipment, smashed cymbals, hoarse voices and duct tape. Emo is about long hair, 32 tracks, quality studios, thick black framed glasses, brand spankin new instruments, broken hearts, shattered dreams and tears. Plenty of tears.

I'm all about the gore splattered horror.

Mister Monster are pretty whiney though.

Boo hoo hoo, my girlfriends dead. Wah wah wah, I kept her corpse and fucked it. Sob sob sob, I eat brains.

strange guy in your two descriptions, Hot water music would fit more into the first one-especially on hoarse voices-their kings of the hoarse voices, and its only they're new stuff is 'kinda' emo-not whiny emo-maybe u guys should read a bit more intently

MOFO!

oh and another thing-you guys obviously don't know what emo means-it is emotional-emotional does not necessarily mean whiny, and some emo is actually very hardcore

once more-MOFO!

emo

Fuck emo its for saps. I've seen enough emo bands and heard enough emo to realise that it is shit. EMOTIONAL. If thats the case then all bands are emo, except only the shit ones label themselves that.

Exactly. Kenn's right. Emo is for cunts by cunts. Most bands are emotional, but emo is a label given to bands that are emotional in a selfish, self-pitying way whose main topic is how they think their life is shit. Well if they spend all their time wallowing in their own depression and writing songs about it they'll stay that way. Which is good, because one day they'll push themselves over the edge and do what they've been promising to do, or at least hinted at in their moody lyrics - kill themselves. Now, when that happens, hopefully a chain reaction will occur. Their band members will get MORE depressed, and snuff out their tear-filled lives. Fans of the band who have nothing better to do but moan about how noone understands them will follow suit. Soon we will have a legion of spectacled corpses, then we can all fucking party. It's a little theory that Darwin called 'Survival of the Fittest', that being that if you're the kind of idiot that spends more time thinking about how shit they are, then mother nature will intervene and pop the idea of suicide into their heads. Its a great concept and one that works well.

Mofo? MOFO? Fuck off.

"Emotional hardcore is the most ridiculous thing I`ve ever heard. AS if hardcore wasn`t emotional in the first place." - Ian MacKaye.

Quit true. Nothing wrong with "personal" lyrics all the same.

Hot Water Music used to be good but now they're pretty shit...they used to fucking rock it...now the two vocalists have gotten singing lessons or something and lost the rock...

I could easily pick my favourite HWM releases...the split with Leatherface, the Moonpies for Misfits 7" and the No Division LP...the stuff before that was good but doesn't quite match them at their peak, which I reckon came around the Leatherface split LP, and since then it's been downhill...lost the spark...

I tried to bring 'em over about 2 years ago...they were looking for a big guarantee...tried to bring Small Brown Bike over too...same deal...although they might be coming over next year. I wouldn't really be too fucked going to see HWM at this stage.

you should get taking back sunday over, they'd probably want fruit juice and emo-man-size boxes of kleenex provided though

Well, as much as I'd love to be able to quote Ian McKaye off the top of my head, I don't need to. I think emo is shite and I don't need much more proof than that. Pretty much a bullet-proof arguement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back