bring back the wispa. (1 Viewer)

rampz

just watching the stooges on bbc's glastonbury coverage. iggy has invited members of the crowd to invade that stage and some bloke is holding a banner with the slogan "bring back the wispa" in reference to the bar!

reminds me of the girl getting her fried egg tits out at dublin castle a few years ago.

best thread this year, I fully support it

BRING BACK TEH WISPA

.|..|

the cadburys bubble thing tries to replace the wispa but it never will...
remember they brought out caramel ones too..they were lovely..

i wonder if iggy misses wispa bars or ron asheton for that matter.

just watching the stooges on bbc's glastonbury coverage. iggy has invited members of the crowd to invade that stage and some bloke is holding a banner with the slogan "bring back the wispa" in reference to the bar!

reminds me of the girl getting her fried egg tits out at dublin castle a few years ago.

this was fookin savage. the banner also said 'YumYum' and 'Pigs Bum'

and the Mel and Griff adds for the wispa...

I met Griff in Cork airport once - we were both at the bookshop vaininy trying to find something to read.

Kasuo Isoguro was there too, strangely, must have een some city of culture thing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

genius,
:D
- leigh

The Stooges set was fantastic. The security didn't know what to do during No Fun when the crowd invaded. Great moment.

Watching Glastonbury over the weekend made me feel very old. Good god there are some terrible terrible bands that have have inexplicably got very famous.

The Pigeon Detectives - Never heard of them before but the kids seemed to love them, what a pile of shit.

Klaxxons - Sorry but they are such a poor poor band, they sounded so weak live.

Calvin johnson - Les Rythym Digitales was doing that shit 10 years ago, it wasn't that good then either.

The Gossip - Weak.

There were many many more but I want to save extra abuse for the following two:

The View - You libertine-aping children you can fuck off and die with your cover of up the junction, seriously. Pricks.

And the killers. Oh Brandon, please die. Soon. I thought I couldn't hate you any more, then you annouce that you are playing shadowplay. You start to dance like Ian Curtis. Death is actually too good for you.

It comes to something when Shirley Bassey is one of the best things you see all weekend.

Phew sorry about that, I just had to get it off my chest. I feel better now.

Yep. Lots & lots of shite bands. Artic Monkeys doing a cover of 'diamonds are forever' was unbelievabley terrible.

Those BBC presenters are a shower of smug annoying twats as well.

Crap.

The View - You libertine-aping children you can fuck off and die with your cover of up the junction, seriously. Pricks.

The View are definitely my number one band to hate. They are seriously the worst thing in existence

The 'monkeys were alright, I thought. It gets a bit samey after a while, and Diamonds are Forever was a weak cover but apart from that they played a blinder.

The Killers in comparison are both flashy and dull. No tunes really.

The only really memorable bit I saw on the TV was a backstage performance of this guy Soweto Kinch, I think I have the spelling right. Sort of hip-hop/jazz. Despite the combination he was actually really good.

The 'firing the remote at the TV' moment was Paola Nutella. A husky voice does NOT mean soul.

The 'firing the remote at the TV' moment was Paola Nutella. A husky voice does NOT mean soul.

that Mika cunt did it for me... he really can't sing can he.... sub-scissors sisters bollox ripping off the falming lips stage shoe... prick

Bjork was the best thing I saw on the telly, that Declare Your Independance track is a total belter

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back