Website
www.goodluckski.com
BRIGHT EYES
+
Goodtime John

Whelan's

Sat 9th Nov. Doors 8pm.

Tickets €14.50 from usual outlets

From Nebraska, BRIGHT EYES is based around the tunes of 22-year old songwriter Conor OBerst who was described by Rolling Stone last year as 'the next great American songwriter'. They are back with a new album on 12th August which is already getting overwhelming reaction from the press - the general consesus is that it's even better than 2000's 'Fever & Mirrors'.

"On the strength of his forthcoming fourth album, the American press are already comparing (Bright Eyes' Conor Oberst) to a young Bob Dylan. For once it's no exagerration to say that he creep closer to that rarified realm than any other songwriter of his generation." NME, August 2002

"You may not have heard of Bright Eyes, but you will... From the same line of classic American songwriting as Mercury Rev, Will Oldham and Elliot Smith..." Irish Times, Sept 2001

"'Fevers & Mirrors' - best album of 2000" Sunday Times, Dec 2000

"What an album - just when you thought he couldn't get better..." Mojo on Bright Eyes' new album "Lifted or The Story Is..." July 2002

see www.wichita-recordings.com for more details.

BRIGHT EYES are touring Europe as a five-piece band and play Whelan's on Sat 9th Nov

advice: don't stand near the stage unless you actively enjoy having the contents of Conor Obersts gob emptied over you in an un-ending shower type fashion. Worst in moments of extreme emotion such as the 45,000 songs about someone dumping him etc

I saw bright eyes in whelan's last year and boy, the guy is intense, so much so that at first I thought he was faking it.

However, it became achingly apparent during the set that he wasn't.

It was pretty cool.

You're right about the spew though.

Hey Conor, sing it like you're demented and possibly psychotic and have obviously had relationship problems that have had massive emotional impact which, if your performance is anything to go by, have screwed your brain up beyond repair, don't spray it.

Or something.

d.

re Bright Eyes

Sorry they're not playing Galway - just Dublin and Belfast.

You can shag him in Dublin if you want - but we would want to film it

Would be amazing if you had hired out his services to people for riding purposes after the gig unbeknownst to him.
I'll bet it says nothing against it in his contract.

why does goodtime john support everyone and his ma these days?
the answer is: because he's gay and the people who put on these gigs are also men of the cloth (ie homosexulent).
peace my brother.
he'll not be playing at the def jux night though, so for all the sound people (ie me and 10yearszy and any sound lookin bird up for a sluice) nov16th (i think) in the pod, el-p, rjd2, aesop rock, mr.lif and goodtime john will be rocking the set (it's like russian roulette when you're placing your bet ...).

i admire the courage of the prophet slurms
slagging the boys causing them pain
reminds me of the streets when i was dealin 'caine.....

story boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would anybody be interested in buying a lock of hair belonging to michal caine?

no

goodtime john record........................................?
didnt think so

Originally posted by 10 years of noise and confusion

would anybody be interested in buying a lock of hair belonging to michal caine?
how much hair for how much legal tender?
ok, czech deeze flowz,
calculating pie till the day that i die, pulling up my fly ...OH JESUS MY FLY'S OPEN! yo' broke ass i be smokin',collect eight token, and receive a model vintage car with "cornflakes" written on the side, your ma's gee-wide,i like my eggs fried, i wear a longford city away goalies jersey with pride, but not my beckham jersey,(i've got two of them by the way), both too small for me, my name aint mc percee p, and my local t.d is willie o'dee, and i'm ...OUT!

Back in August?
Jays', bad luck in the exams, gents.
Which ones do you have to repeat?
Shouldn't you be off revising?

back to school comes around so quickly, don't you think?

new lunch boxes..... second hand books that smell like someone else's cheese sambos, covered with leftover wallpaper.... mammy waving off snot filled crying kids at the school gates....

it's all quite sweet

best of luck, lads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back