Bright Eyes (1 Viewer)

that is unbelievable!!!

has anyone heard the new tracks? are they anything like the older stuff? if they are, this is majorly good news.

Alan Remorse said:
this is majorly good news.
Is it really though? Don't get me wrong I like his music, but Conor Oberst is one huge primadona, surely this will only make him worse? I've seen him spit the dummy out on more than one occasion live, if he becomes really popular he will be unbearable.

Robbie Analog said:
Is it really though? Don't get me wrong I like his music, but Conor Oberst is one huge primadona, surely this will only make him worse? I've seen him spit the dummy out on more than one occasion live, if he becomes really popular he will be unbearable.
really? i know nothing about the man, but i love his music.

that said, desaperacidoes were waaaay better than bright eyes has ever been

btw, when i said its good news, i just meant that it was nice to have someone that wasnt singing about bitches and hoes at no 1 in america

Alan Remorse said:
Yep, the worst was at dingwalls touring the last record. Towards the end of the set he had a few tokes on a joint, then could barely stand up/play, and then proceeded to have a go at his bandmates for him fucking up.

Lightweight.

Alan Remorse said:
does anyone here actually listen to desaperacidos? theyre miles better than bright eyes
I've got the first album, has the second one been released yet? I prefer it to all the bright eyes albums, bar fevers and mirrors.

Last bit of news I could find...

Desaparecidos Drop Out of Plea for Peace Tour, Postpone Album
Bush immigration reforms require band to wear color-coded sombreros indicating threat level

[Posted Tuesday, January 13th, 2004 01:00:00 Pitchfork Central Time]

Brian "Newsmonger" Howe reports:
Desaparecidos, the political rock band including Conor "Bright Eyes" Oberst and Denver "Statistics" Dalley, has dropped out of Mike "Asian Man Records" Park's Plea for Peace Tour and postponed the recording of their sophomore album, which was set to materialize in spring of 2004. When Oberst, Dalley, and Park realized they had each inadvertently titled their respective enterprises after their middle names, they were apparently too creeped out by the eerie cosmic confluence to continue working together in any fashion until they consulted their oracles and scrying pools for advice.

According to a Saddle Creek press release, the indefinite postponement of the album and Desaparecidos'desertion of the Plea for Peace tour are the results of nothing more exotic than scheduling conflicts. A Saddle Creek rep tells Pitchfork there's nothing more juicy or sinister behind the conciliatory press release: "I don't think it was any one thing that led to [the cancellation]... just a matter of the four people in the band trying to juggle their other projects, and when it came down to it, they couldn't fit it all in." This isn't the first time Desaparecidos has backed out of a tour under mysterious circumstances-- when they were on the road to support their debut album Read Music, Speak Spanish, they cancelled halfway through when they "lost" their bass player, Landon Hedges (as is often the case, they later found him between the cushions of a bandmate's couch, but by this time he had already been replaced by Casey Scott). If they ever do actually make it out on a full tour, be prepared for peculiarity. I happened to catch their set in Carrboro a couple years ago, and at one point, I went to the bathroom. When I returned, the band had all removed their shirts, and on stage, people were kissing one another. I'll never know what transpired in the minute-and-a-half I was gone, but I haven't been quite right since.

Damon_Kind said:
Are they any fucking good?
They've some good songs, but I remember at the start of their last (?) album, he had nearly three minutes of him talking to his friends while driving a car, and a really embarrassing, obviously rehearsed start to the song. Very annoying, and pretentious, as you have to forward through it all.

A bit over the top re emotions and feelings etc. But if you can get by that...

Bright Eyes is a plague on mankind. His is the kind of music that pushes the feminine buttons responsible for inflicting musicals and weepy movies on the world.

Robbie Analog said:
Is it really though? Don't get me wrong I like his music, but Conor Oberst is one huge primadona
aye good point... with hoards of emo kids in america loving and worshipping the toilet he craps in, and the seat which his cheeks sit on, this could send him into orbit.. good music, lets hope it stays like that...

I dig the Bright Eyes thing...
Its as strange to see them at no1 in the US as it was when Folk Implosion went to no1 with natural one...
Helps with the mortgage id wager...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back