Brian Eno Does Nokia. (1 Viewer)

Corey

His teeny-tiny soundscapes were commissioned by nokia last year and are now out on their new range. I'm interested in this. What's the longest/shortest composition you've heard or are aware of?

See this is what fascinates me. What kind of aesthetic approach would he take to composing four seconds of music? Or would he just fart into a microphone and throw in a couple of effects?

See this is what fascinates me. What kind of aesthetic approach would he take to composing four seconds of music? Or would he just fart into a microphone and throw in a couple of effects?
MAN....THAT'S HOW ALL MUSIC SHOLD BE MADE. CURRENTLY LISTENING TO SPINAL TAP'S BREAK LIKE THE WIND...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

IT'S PROBABLY THE SAME AS SOMEONE ASKIN' ME FOR A CARTOON/DRAWING OR SOMETHIN' THAT'S EITHER REAL SHORT OR SKETCHY AND RUFF....IF I HAVE SOMETHING THAT'LL DO ALREADY DONE, THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL GET. OTHERWISE I FART ON A PAGE THEN FART THE PAGE INTO A COMPUTER... ET VOILA!!!

I'LL TELL YA SOMETHIN' FOR NOTHIN'. ANIMATING SOMEONE OR SOMETHING FARTING IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

ASSAHQUAANNNDO!!!

This is really crap news by the way.

why??

if you read up on him and the purpose of music for airports/ambient nusic is to spread what he does to help life through ambient/whatever music and get ppl into it. to ease day to day life

<bit of a shit explanation but u know what i mean, go to the man himself for a better explanation. do a search on the big long now (was a nirvana song on bleach, remember?) and general ambient music and youll get a better explanation>

fuk knows he doesnt need the money

why??

if you read up on him and the purpose of music for airports/ambient nusic is to spread what he does to help life through ambient/whatever music and get ppl into it. to ease day to day life

<bit of a shit explanation but u know what i mean, go to the man himself for a better explanation. do a search on the big long now (was a nirvana song on bleach, remember?) and general ambient music and youll get a better explanation>

fuk knows he doesnt need the money

i agree, and given that he tends to come across as being (judiciously) excited by new mass technologies and their potential in this regard, it sort of fits. projecting, i imagine it afford him the opportunity to do something he finds interesting, and personall i find that very different to someone, say, being in a nokia ad or licensing music for the money and without any personal/emotional/intellectual investment in it.

eno :heart:, in summary.

MAN....THAT'S HOW ALL MUSIC SHOLD BE MADE. CURRENTLY LISTENING TO SPINAL TAP'S BREAK LIKE THE WIND...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

IT'S PROBABLY THE SAME AS SOMEONE ASKIN' ME FOR A CARTOON/DRAWING OR SOMETHIN' THAT'S EITHER REAL SHORT OR SKETCHY AND RUFF....IF I HAVE SOMETHING THAT'LL DO ALREADY DONE, THAT'S WHAT THEY'LL GET. OTHERWISE I FART ON A PAGE THEN FART THE PAGE INTO A COMPUTER... ET VOILA!!!

I'LL TELL YA SOMETHIN' FOR NOTHIN'. ANIMATING SOMEONE OR SOMETHING FARTING IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

ASSAHQUAANNNDO!!!

Strangely enough, I am currently animating arse gas in Flash - any tips?

why??

And he's going to do that with Nokia phones?Give the man a bit more credit, he's smarter than that.
I see it as nothing but a financial venture for both parties.I can't see it helping mankind through ambience though either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back