break it down for me - protools on a laptop (1 Viewer)

you can get alright-ish ones for 25euros in Nolans of castlepollard. deserted village got a few there. they sell PAs and shit too, maybe some mics for gigging. its not in town but castlepollard, nestled sleepily in the mountains of north westmeath, is not the worst of places to go on a day trip. you could lunch in the hotel on the square, visit the seven wonders of fore (about 5 miles away near lough lene which won irelands first inland blue flag for its crystal clear waters) and still be back in dublin in time for eastenders.

castlepollard:
250px-Castlepollard.jpg

fore:
800px-
If you go to Fore, nip into the Abbey House for a pint of Guinness, Smithwicks or Harp and say hello to Teasie, the proprietor. She's great craic. Check out the stone work on the pub too. I did the restoration on it last summer.

the stone work? really? i've heard about that!!! i'm afraid
to say howver that i've heard nothing but bad things about
your work. a stone work blog that i read has it listed as
some of the worst stone work in ireland.

wahey - all my shit just arrived - ordered it from
soundslive.co.uk who were deadly - ordered monday,
shipped tuesday, dicked around by incompetent irish
courier company wednesday / thursday, arrived friday.

worked out about 100 quid cheaper than with thomann.
they were gonna do logic for about 160 but didn't have
it in stock.

three cheers for soundslive and three cheers to you for
humouring me! jeers to pantone.

Did you get Logic 8?

If not, I have 7 if you want a copy.

yeah logic 8 - seems way better than i remember logic being

gonna print out the auld manual in work tomorrow - fuck the
world! had me first proper go last night...great fun

I have a related question.

I've just got a similar set-up up and running - can someone tell me what the difference is between buying a dedicated Firewire Interface like the M-Audio one and a using a mixer with a Firewire connection like this Alesis one?

Why is the M-Audio thing more expensive when it seems to do so much less, or am I missing something?

Would the mixer just feed in one signal thru the Firewire whilst the M-Audio thing feed in more than one signal?

Doesn't the mixer have the added advantage of being a mixer away from the computer as well?

Or is it just Alesis is crap and M-Audio is expensive?

In this case i would go with the alesis, it's gonna give you 8 seperate feeds into the computer while the m-audio is only gonna give you two.
Perhaps the AD/DA in the M-audio is better but it won't be by much.
I've used a Multimix 16 and found it really good and full of features and it's a stand alone mixer when required.

In this case i would go with the alesis, it's gonna give you 8 seperate feeds into the computer while the m-audio is only gonna give you two.
Perhaps the AD/DA in the M-audio is better but it won't be by much.
I've used a Multimix 16 and found it really good and full of features and it's a stand alone mixer when required.

Thanks... I just wanted to make double sure that I wasn't missing something glaringly obvious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back