Bread...mould....heat? (1 Viewer)

I used to throw out a shameful amount of bread for the same reason. I started freezing half the pan/ loaf and that helped. It's perfectly fine, once you remember to take it out in time. Loaves (breads you have to cut) seem to last better than sliced pans. So I've been living it up on Blazing Salads, Soul Bakery, Fallon & Byrnes and Bretzels. All last very well! Can't actually eat sliced pan anymore..

I used to throw out a shameful amount of bread for the same reason. I started freezing half the pan/ loaf and that helped. It's perfectly fine, once you remember to take it out in time. Loaves (breads you have to cut) seem to last better than sliced pans. So I've been living it up on Blazing Salads, Soul Bakery, Fallon & Byrnes and Bretzels. All last very well! Can't actually eat sliced pan anymore..

Damn you and your bread eating! I really, really want a toastie right now.

Yeah Milker,funny you should say that,sames going on here in Finglas.

Thread Hijack Alert.....

A lad came around last week to my gaf punting for customers for an Avomore milk round.Gave it a load of spiel that it would be CREATING a job for a local lad...and all for just €1 a week(plus cost of milk obviously).I'm not even working but I said Yeah sound,lets do it! Cos I like the idea of local people working and that...Got 3x2litres of milk in the week and the inaugural bill arrived today.........The Bill was€7 .60,€2.fucking20 per 2litre of milk before delivery charge.Not a great business model in the days of 24 hour supermarkets.Its a shame really...

A bit like all the bread thats going off in this humid summer climate.

As You Were

Yeah Milker,funny you should say that,sames going on here in Finglas.

Thread Hijack Alert.....

A lad came around last week to my gaf punting for customers for an Avomore milk round.Gave it a load of spiel that it would be CREATING a job for a local lad...and all for just €1 a week(plus cost of milk obviously).I'm not even working but I said Yeah sound,lets do it! Cos I like the idea of local people working and that...Got 3x2litres of milk in the week and the inaugural bill arrived today.........The Bill was€7 .60,€2.fucking20 per 2litre of milk before delivery charge.Not a great business model in the days of 24 hour supermarkets.Its a shame really...

A bit like all the bread thats going off in this humid summer climate.

As You Were

start your own milk round and undercut your man.
i feed the mouldy bread to the ducks,they dont seem to mind it at all.as said before though,buy 'proper' bread it will last longer.

start your own milk round and undercut your man.
i feed the mouldy bread to the ducks,they dont seem to mind it at all.as said before though,buy 'proper' bread it will last longer.

ah now here one of the 'pans' was a cut loaf from Thunders, another was some 'home-farmy' wholegrain yoke.

i'd actually wager the feckin gut-blocking cheapo pans would last longer, what with all them additives n dat

inpressive segue milk-float there, Shnaz...in fairness tho I guess he can't compete w the big boys on price..I reckon yis are doin a decent thing there..they'll be reading yer names out in Finglas Church.

If by doing the decent thing you mean "telling him to get stuffed"...then I look forward to hearing my name at mass.

Them Tiger Loafs are tasty..they only stay fresh till an hour after ye get them home

I make the mooost wunderful spelt bread y'all should cum round to my place and try sum. It's Yummy yum yum.

As Sweetoblivion said it is warm and humid, perfect conditions for mould growth on anything. Try keeping the bread in the fridge, or, as Jim Daniels already suggested, freezing half of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back