BOXES (AND FRIENDS): Sat Oct 4 Music Room (1 Viewer)

spectraljanitor said:
yeah. there's even a person from clare and a person from galway goin to it!! hup!!

oh shit! i should have mentioned it before but there's no clare people allowed at our gigs cos of what yee done to us in '95!
pj 'fingers' o'connell waltzing round midfield on his hind legs and all the offaly people cryin in the stands!... oh alright then... just this once....

Buckrake said:
oh shit! i should have mentioned it before but there's no clare people allowed at our gigs cos of what yee done to us in '95!
well i'm no clare person but you'll have to bar one of the peoples in united bible studies....;)

spectraljanitor said:
well i'm no clare person but you'll have to bar one of the peoples in united bible studies....;)

....ok! BARRED!! YE'RE ALL FECKING BARRED!!! YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU!!!!

Buckrake said:
five squid. keep the tentacles.
hey i presume you are a Box? if so then are my ears wrong of do you alternate the words "they're flying houses" with "they're buying houses" in the tune of the same name? :confused:

spectraljanitor said:
hey i presume you are a Box? if so then are my ears wrong of do you alternate the words "they're flying houses" with "they're buying houses" in the tune of the same name? :confused:

uh.. i don't THINK so... if he does i never noticed but sometimes i'm a bit slow... not a lot, but the odd time.... once in a blue moon, like...... and alls i'm sayin is... maybe this is a blue moon.... although the more i think about it... no... he definitely doesn't... although if you like it better with 'buying', who am i to ruin it for you....?.... hey look i'm just the drummer, so stop asking me so many questions....
:mad:

spectraljanitor said:
hey drummer!

i always liked the story where mick jagger referred to charlie watts as 'his drummer' and charlie punched him in the face. got me?

oooh i'm like a briar today!! ;)

anyhoo... i'm going now so see you tomorrow night, anybody that can make it...
(plead... grovel... martyr act... guilt trip... sob.. sniff...etc...)

After consulting the nice singer bloke, it is in fact, flying houses as opposed to buying houses.

great gig .|..|

ook said:
After consulting the nice singer bloke, it is in fact, flying houses as opposed to buying houses.

great gig .|..|
yeah. boxes rocked. and kid blunt had nice hair. anyone see united bible studies?

ook, i think we met but inebriation means i am a bit vague on the details. was k-stop there too? :confused:

Boxism, it's a musical movement.

Like Cubism, except that's in painting.

Boxism: a musical genre in which fast, angular beats and riffs drive the aesthetic, as exhibited by Laois-Offaly band, Boxes.

Although you can do the Bruce Springsteen/Courteney Cox dance from Dancing in the Dark to one of the songs, as exhibited by myself and Mister Lyster on Saturday night. Not too boxist that, more swing.

snakybus said:
Boxism, it's a musical movement.

Like Cubism, except that's in painting.

Boxism: a musical genre in which fast, angular beats and riffs drive the aesthetic, as exhibited by Laois-Offaly band, Boxes.
Boxism - its math rock without the hard sums! ;)

spectraljanitor said:
ook, i think we met but inebriation means i am a bit vague on the details. was k-stop there too? :confused:
Yes, yes I was. Staring in horror at Smiley Bolger and planning to eat more vegetables and get some exercise. Rock is a harsh mistress.

spectraljanitor said:
yeah. boxes rocked. and kid blunt had nice hair. anyone see united bible studies?

Caught the last two (i think) united bible studies songs. Quite liked them, sort of like an angry Jimmy Cake, although I may have thought that solely because they had a clarinet and sax ;)

Yeah, was talking to you for a bit briefly about scottish film makers and red haired dublin music journos mainly. It's a bit vague.

kstop said:
Yes, yes I was. Staring in horror at Smiley Bolger and planning to eat more vegetables and get some exercise. Rock is a harsh mistress.
yeah. i hadn't seen him since the beatbox on da telly back in the day!! like a flashback to teen years. i really wished i still had my appetite for destruction t-shirt!!! ah 1989, a good year!!

ook said:
Caught the last two (i think) united bible studies songs. Quite liked them, sort of like an angry Jimmy Cake, although I may have thought that solely because they had a clarinet and sax ;)

Yeah, was talking to you for a bit briefly about scottish film makers
yeah i think they only did two tunes alright. long ones buh! "angry jimmy cake" - they'll love that!!!
.|..|
the last great wilderness dvd to videotape transfer.....its coming back to me now! that place felt like xmas with all the little lights and the buddha!!
:)

kstop said:

.|..|

Boxes and Smiley,
Up a tree!
Boxes are happy to endorse Smiley Bolger as a sound--man and a hu-man. You could say he's a sound man...
Or we are Bolg-ing with respect for him....
Or he makes us Smiley...

.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back