Boston, New England etc. (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I'm considering a jaunt to that part of the world. What would you recommend I see?

Most likely itinerary would be something like Boston/Cape Cod/CT/NYC then off to Ohio and home.

in Boston the JFK museum is a great way to kill a day. Its in the college where the Pixies went. Boston in general is a great city to just ramble around and soak up the ambience. Walk up newbury st towards mass avenue. Before you get there head into newbury comics. Make sure your pockets are full of money before you do, and come out having spent it all.

Boston has that ridiculous rich man's shopping centre with no people in it because no once can afford to get anything there. It's class!

the prudential?

I remember being there about a month after nine eleven and the cops raided the hotel thats at the hancock tower end of that shopping center because there were reports that there was someone that wasn't white staying there. and they had a 'how to fly a boeing' manual in the glove box of their car.

I used to go in there for a look at the 10 grand watches which I got a great kick out of altogether.

theres deadly buildings in Boston. The christian science gaff is 'mazin, and theres some cool concert hall down the road from it. And Charles St is lovely, where ally mcbeal was set (though maybe not made - kinda like cheers being set there but being made in canada)

i went to boston for the summer in 2000. deadly times. we stayed in a frat house on Northeastern University grounds for a while and got smashed every night on weird drugs i'd never heard of at the time like 2-CB and shit. got a job with a removal company and turned up to work still hammered every day and eventually just stopped turning up. we moved into a really scummy apartment in Jamaica Plans which is proper ghetto. there'd be reports on the news of drug murders happening a few blocks away from us. the summer ended with me running out of money, getting into a fist fight with one of my flatmates and going to New York to sleep on my sister's couch until my folks could wire the money for me to get home. good times. hope this helps

Boston is a fantastic city. Scutter's right on the money, just walk around. Newbury Comics is a great place for picking up good music for cheap. There was a thread a while back where I went into detail on restaurants and bars to hit depending on what part of the city you're in. As for the Cape, I've always been a fan of the tip. P-Town is a lot of fun. There's a boat that goes there from the Boston Harbour. Also, Nantucket is nice, if you like that sort of thing.

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?52728-Boston-Hotels/page2

Go to the top of the Pru and have a drink.
Eat a lobster in Jasper's Summer Shack. Have an oyster shooter to start.
Visit the Boston Public Library, the nation's first, get the free tour.
Go to Harvard Sq, walk around, gawk at your betters and get a burrito in Felipe's.
See a game at Fenway Park (hurry) - get your ticket from a scalper after the game has started.
Have a Budweiser in the Eire pub in Dorchester, authentic and cheap as chips.
Visit the New England Aquarium and behold the giant ocean tank.
Go to the North End and get an arancini in Umberto's. Buy a cannoli in the Modern afterwards.
Visit the harbour islands, Boston's best kept secret hiding in plain sight.
Get a beer in TC's Lounge on Mass Ave, one of the last surviving dive bars in the city.
Walk down Memorial Drive on a Sunday when it's blocked to traffic.
See a rock show in Great Scott's or O'Brien's in Allston.

etc.

gawk at your betters

ha ha. Actually, if you get a break from gawking at your betters while up at Harvard Square head into the Co-op, the Harvard bookstore. A deadly bookshop.

If you do the JFK museum you'll be in Dorchester. I've a mate that lives there. He describes it as the Finglas of Boston. Read into that what you will.

Another fun thing to do is to walk over to South Boston, ramble around and see how many tricky situations your Irish accent gets you out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back