Boredoms (1 Viewer)

cunt

I recently dipped my toe into their catalogue for the first time with a purchase of Super Roots 9 as, from what I'd heard people say about them, I thought I'd like them. I can't say I'm wild about the record, but I don't want to give up on them yet. Anyone have any recommendations? Something psychedelic and noisy would be a bonus.

vision creation newsun. great record (and also one of my fave album covers ever)

Bore-VCN.jpg

their last show in the village was huh-mazing.

Vision Creation Newsun
Super Ae
Seadrum/House of Sun

Are my favourite of the more recent stuff. If you don't like Super Roots 9 though, you mightn't be mad about this stuff.

From the older, noisier stuff, I'd recommend Pop Tatari, Chocolate Synthesizer and the Onani Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols comp, which is worth it for the song titles as much as the music.

Did I mention: stuff?

I saw them live at DEAF a few years back and was really impressed. Don't know any of their stuff and probably won't bother getting into them either. I mean, fuck it.

Try vision creation newsun or super ae.

Super Ae was the first Boredoms record I heard, its really diverse throughout compared to their later releases.

Vision Creation Newsun is more of a singular sound and idea throughout but is editing and put together really interestingly so it doesn't get boring.

For psychedelic and noisy you cant beat Super Roots 7 and Vision Creation Newsun.
For flat out noisy, check out Super Roots 5. For a band often called 'noise' this is their only noise release

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back