boredoms appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

definitely one of the best gigs i saw this year!kind of a throw up between them and high on fire.just really glad i went because i doubt i'll get the chance to see em so easily again.
vision creation or chocolate synth are prolly my favourites.

Vice Records has just reissued, via download-only, a series of rare records from ever-evolving Japanese noise contingent the Boredoms. Super Roots is a six-volume series comprised of various albums and EPs the band released during the '90s, only one of which was ever put out in the States. The music contained in these discs is some of the most abrasive the band ever committed to tape—ironic, since they were made when the band was on a US major label (Reprise), playing Lollapalooza and getting name-dropped by alt-rock bigwigs like Sonic Youth and Nirvana.

Should you be a Boredoms fanatic, and their fans usually are, start trolling for a cheap plane ticket, because on July 7, somewhere in NYC, the band is planning to perform 77 DRUM, a Boredoms live project featuring, yup, 77 drummers.

Great stuff. I have the complete Super Roots series (all got on ebay). Numbers 3, 5, 7 and 8 are great! That NYC show was scheduled for this summer but got cancelled and rescheduled for next year. Not sure whether to risk booking a flight only to have them cancel again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back