Bored in Work (Commodore) 64 (3 Viewers)

The Chilli King said:
atari.jpg

My cousin won this on Murphys Micro Quiz'm. Now that was the future right there. The wooden panelling really made it the shit.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5d39/

nlgbbbblth said:
where have the years gone

fbmgr.gif

Getting as sick as a Spectrum parrot
IF YOU have always wanted to manage a football team, Football Manager, from Addictive Games, is for you....

Jeez - that goal has the dimensions of a double-decker bus...

When I was a kid, I had one of these:

apple2.jpg

You people with your "computers" and your "internet". My messages on this board are telegrammed in.

You're all zombies.

i had one of these...

atari_console_01_jpg.jpg

then i got one of these... because it had that 'logo' program on it... you know? the turtle you could program to go forward 100, turn 90 degreees to the right, right 50, etc... and make nice patterns... primary school like.

acorn_bbc-master-compact_1.jpg

enchance said:
atari 2600's were da bomb. rich people had the atari 7600 or something.

My parents were friends with someone who worked as a game tester in the Atari factory in Limerick. He used to bring a 2600 or a 7800 when he visited, and once he brought some class of a test rig in a silver suitcase. I was the king of the invisible tanks, me.

Man shipped from New York to Texas in crate

WASHINGTON (CNN) --Federal officials are investigating how a man managed to hide inside a crate that was flown by a major cargo carrier from New York to Dallas, Texas.

Charles McKinley wanted to go to his father's house in Dallas and decided to "ship himself rather than pay for a ticket," said Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Suzanne Luber.

McKinley secured himself in the crate, apparently with some help, along with his computer and some clothes.

The incident highlighted a potential hole in aviation security.

McKinley shipped himself through cargo carrier Kitty Hawk Inc., which said it was told by the shipping firm, Pilot Air Freight, that the crate was loaded with computer monitors.

The crate, marked as containing computer equipment, was picked up at a company called Metrotech in the Bronx, New York, and driven to John F. Kennedy International Airport, and then to Newark, New Jersey, where it was placed on a Kitty Hawk cargo plane, she said.

"The plane actually went to Buffalo. From Buffalo it went to Fort Wayne, Indiana. There was a change of planes onto another Kitty Hawk cargo plane, and he ended up at DFW [Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport]," Luber said.

He was then driven to the intended address, which was his father's house in De Soto, a suburb 14 miles south of Dallas.

Carl Smith, assistant chief of the De Soto Police Department, said that when the deliveryman went to remove the box from the truck he noticed a person inside.

Authorities believe Smith had moved something he had been using to cover himself, so the driver was able to see him through a slit in the crate.

"At that time, the young man kicked one side of the crate out, crawled out, got his box, and walked around to the back of the house," Smith said.

The driver contacted police.

McKinley is being held at the Dallas County Sheriff's Department, Smith said. Authorities have not released his age, but news reports said he is 25.

Luber said authorities detained McKinley on outstanding warrants for theft of a check and a traffic violation. The TSA is working with the FBI and the U.S. attorney's office to investigate and determine if there are any federal charges for this incident.

"We've made significant improvements in cargo security, but we do have more, more to go," Luber said. TSA teams have examined cargo carriers and the airport facilities they use to load packages "to determine strengths and weaknesses in cargo security," she said.

The TSA has a cargo security advisory committee that is expected to provide recommendations for additional security as early as October 1, she said.

"The bottom line is just like passenger security there's not just one single silver bullet," Luber said. "We're taking a layered approach.

"Should Congress ask us, we are ready to train cargo pilots as federal flight deck officers." Federal flight deck officers are armed with guns in the cockpit.

Richard Phillips, chairman and chief executive officer of Pilot Air Freight, said his company rigidly adhered to TSA procedures, keeping the crate off a passenger plane and placing no travelers at risk.

"It is unfortunate that one individual would choose to flaunt air regulations," he said.

A spokesman for Kitty Hawk Cargo added, "This is a very unusual incident."

CNN correspondent Patty Davis contributed to this report.

11 Sep, Thu, 18:07:20 Google: mac killed my inner child
11 Sep, Thu, 18:14:47 Google: sex + hoot
11 Sep, Thu, 18:37:19 Google: Ronaldihno
11 Sep, Thu, 18:50:18 Yahoo: "manu chao" shirt
11 Sep, Thu, 19:05:34 Google: Mcauley Culkin
11 Sep, Thu, 19:21:39 Google: moonbathers band
11 Sep, Thu, 19:41:35 Google: reviews of alls well ends well
11 Sep, Thu, 19:56:57 Google: pop against bush
11 Sep, Thu, 19:59:03 Yahoo: tenpastseven
11 Sep, Thu, 20:09:57 Yahoo: iggy pop, ron and scott ashton
11 Sep, Thu, 20:30:00 Google: finlay quay
11 Sep, Thu, 20:30:22 Yahoo: rocktopus
11 Sep, Thu, 20:35:15 Yahoo: brother/deco
11 Sep, Thu, 20:46:56 Google: wanted drummer
11 Sep, Thu, 21:07:56 Yahoo: "Is this what you call tact? I swear you're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back"
11 Sep, Thu, 21:08:05 Google: picture of lambrini bottle
11 Sep, Thu, 21:08:58 Google: how was the vietnam war similar to Iraqi war
11 Sep, Thu, 21:13:17 Google: marc vivian foe
11 Sep, Thu, 21:56:41 Google: "rotherham changing rooms"
11 Sep, Thu, 21:59:31 Google: funk bass player

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back