Bored in Work 91 (the year that broke punk) (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
lydon_01.jpg

wooop

Cuireann La Fheile Phadraig isteach orm go mor. Ni bhim in ann mo theach a fhagail mar ta amadain, rinceoiri gaelach agus knackers ag cludaigh mo bhealach amach. :mad:

Bitching about Paddy's Day as Gaelige means I'm exempt from anti- patriotic persecution. so does this:

If anyone's in town (mentalists) tomorrow, there's a really good trad band playing Whelan's in the afternoon (for free I think).
Happy St. Patricks day.

talking of 1991...

there's a guy over on eirecore who says he sold that baggy dennis-the-menace jumper to kurt cobain, which he then wore for most of the early in utero tour...

Tuesday 16th March

Today is the anniversary of the death of William Banting, who died in 1878.

He was a London undertaker and cabinet maker who developed a successful weight-reduction regime for himself. In 1863 he published a pamphlet describing how he had lost forty-six pounds and twelve inches of girth by abstaining from most foods except meat. Many Victorians read his prescription, but few followed it.
Nonetheless, the term banting became synonymous with weight loss and dieting.

So this Atkins diet is a cover version and Vegan's are generally very, very fat.

Re: Tuesday 16th March

billygannon said:
So this Atkins diet is a cover version and Vegan's are generally very, very fat.
i can't think of a single vegan i know that isn't grossly overweight

Re: Tuesday 16th March

oh god. bought the da vinci code yesterday, haven't been able to put it down. arghhh!

I found out last night that my Dad has been secretly poisoning us. I was going to bed at about midnight and my dad was putting on the dishwasher:

Dad:"Do you know where the little tablets for this thing are? I can't find any."

FancyG: (rummaging in the press where they normally are)"Hmmm I think we're all out"

Dad:(returning from the utility room with a bottle of Fabric softener)"That's ok. We'll just use this..."

FancyG:(look of disbelief) "Your taking the p1ss!? That stuff is for clothes! It has bleach in it!"
Dad: (Look of incomprehension) ".....I've used it loads of times before..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back