Bored In Work 6(66) (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 245
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 0
anybody remember Texan bars?
It was chocolate around this bright yellow chewy toffee type stuff...the ad was animated (badly) but was kinda memorable. They disappeared about 15yrs ago. They were nice.

scarily up to 5 years later you could still get them in this one shop in my home town. i'd bloody like one now...obviously not a 15yr old one tho'.

there're sweets like 'em in Quality Street...not the same though :(

" a man's gotta chew, what a man's gotta chew"

The Undertones had a great song about Mars Bars....

I'm going to hum that all day long now....

And the guy who runs the shop where I used to buy chocolate and other such items looks like a serial killer.

what ever happened to 'a mars a day helps you work rest and play'? i'm gonna be humming that all day now.

i swear we had this conversation before as well....

Remembers Toffos? Toffee sweets in all different flavours? Them were the days of the toffee versus chocolate advertising wars, before chocolate established its current supremacy by putting loads of sexual vibes in the ads. If only the Toffo people had thought of that first (rather than ads with cowboys in them), toffee would be the sinful, sensual adult indulgence that chocolate is now. Wouldn't that be ... em ... brilliant?

toffos are still around, buh you can't get a big time bar for love nor money.

they used to last all day, them.

you can still get big time bars in my local maxol but they're a lot smaller and the toffee is softer.

the old stuff could pull the fillings out of your head

The chocolate on a Big Time bar was disgusting. Kind of greasy.
Even more of a dentists nightmare was Highland Toffee. You could get it in different flavours. Mmmmmmmm banana.

Is there any crunch fans in the house? the crispy rice chocolate bar, the white chocolate ones were the nicest, you can't get then in Ireland, but when we were at ATP we cleared the local shop of all theres.

"catch" bars. kinda chewy wafer stuff in the middle with stale rice crispies covered in chocolate around the outside.

terrible ads!

and "buskers", "bring 'em back a busker mum".

Catch

Catch it if you can
On the outside it's chocolate
And underneath the chocolate are krispies

Catch it if you can
There's more to tell
About the smoothest, creamiest caramel.

First it's crispy then it's creamy CATCH!

yeah.

Originally posted by Unclealo

"Catch it if you can with the outside chocolate...When you bite in it's crispy!"

or something like that..:)

Catch it if you can on, the outside is chocolate and underneath the chocolate are....... crispies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back