Bored In Work 6(66) (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 245
  • Views 15K
  • Watchers 0
I'm busy today...

I'm taking some money from everyone's account and putting into mine. And this afternoon I will be booking my flight to Bolivia and changing my name is Raúl Effefelon.

people seem to be less bored in work these days...
all the thumplings happily slaving all day long :p

anyway, dudley was that you i saw at the chastitute last night ?
what did you think of it ?

Originally posted by sparse-icus
I find that me work load lasts until about 1 and then when I come back from lunch there's fuck all posting going on, why is life sooo cruel, WWWHHHHYYYY?

think how lucky you are that you dont have to talk to crazy nuns on the phone. one rang me this morning to arrange a job interview and it was surreal, they are like a different species...

think how lucky you are that you dont have to talk to crazy nuns on the phone

oh god, i had to do this during my brief career as bookshop corporate and library sales person. nuns from secondary schools ordering books, to be more specific.

nun: "and i need fifty copies of the fourth edition of blah accountancy book"
me: "blah book is in its eighth edition by now, but fortunately, sister annoying, i have fifty copies in stock and will send..."
nun (interrupting): "no, i need the fourth edition"
me: "the fourth edition is no longer available and has not been since 1985"
nun: "can you not get it for me [implied subtext: because i am a nun and special]? i may have to go elsewhere. easons have always looked after me. [i am a nun, by the way. a blessed holy woman of god.]"
me (bored): "tell you what, sister annoying, why don't you see if you can get fifty copies of an out of print book from easons, and come back to me if you want the fifty shiny new up to date copies i have here. [and grovel, bitch, grovel]."

the likes of this happened on an almost daily basis.

Well, sometimes it's kind of fun too....

I have a customer in Dubai who speaks like Apu' :) and one in Israel who called me three times today and was mad because he didn't receive Photoshop 7.0 yet.......!!!!!

I mean, he should have some more important worries down there now..... what the feck does he need Photoshop for !?!?

Originally posted by coraline

think how lucky you are that you dont have to talk to crazy nuns on the phone. one rang me this morning to arrange a job interview and it was surreal, they are like a different species...

I used to work as a night security guard for a old folk's home run by nuns. The head nun used to get up at four in the morning and go to bed at twelve, every single day. I will write about my time there..... it affected me deeply

I had this crazy monk ringing me all the time when I worked in a wine shop. He'd go absolutely ballistic over getting the wrong kind of wine. One day he told me the other monks weren't talking to him over a wine mix up. All I could think of was one of those silent monasteries they have and broke me bollix laughing at him, and then he said he'd put a curse on me. Ah, great days great days.

As some of you may know I want to change my name on thumped, not in real life, I'm quite happy as Fontaine Rockafella, but seeing as I was responsible for the last one I don't want choose this one. So any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back