Bored In Work 12 - The Iron Man Match (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
Originally posted by coraline
i'd noticed you had pantalaimon as your tag here before and was thinking "there might be a recommendation by proxy in here".

you noticed pantalaimon. cool :p

How strange...the site I was surfing just before dropping into Thumped today was http://www.pantaleimon.net/
That's not a book though.

There's a guy sitting behind me printing out little posters for Mixtwitch's new album.
They have to be the worst piece of graphic design I've ever seen.

Yesterday I had to finish my lunch in a hurry because of the dumbasses sitting beside me. One described a thesis written by her sister while studying graphic design. The other went, "that's really interesting", then "and what is graphic design?"
This coming on top of "They were going to live in Blanchardstown but they were told they eat their young out there" gave me terrible indigestion.

Originally posted by The Green Fairy
Yes, I saw the fucking idiotic Harry Potter movie. I went to great lengths to avoid reading the Harry Potter books much to the annoyance and aggravation of those who have, and keep trying to get me to read it. I took a lot of flack at dinner one night last year for not reading the Harry Potter books. Arguments have generally been along these lines

anyone who ever read a Mallory Towers buke as a childer or any form of boarding school book (Chalet school etc) at all will instantly have recognised what ole JK was at with the HP books. It's really only people who never read as kids or who think they read literature now (i.e. the reading of Marian Keyes books for their high art content) who think that her formula is revoloutionary. It's not, it's basic boarding school fodder which kids fucking LAP up updated with a bit of magic. This is not to say they're not good, cos they are, I've read them all and enjoyed them but the above still stands.

Anna Carey wrote a piece in the Turbine about this very thing a few months ago and all.

Anna Carey has a dangerous Buffy the Vampire Slayer obsession. I bet she mentioned in that article how much better than Harry Buffy is.

Originally posted by Keeror
"They were going to live in Blanchardstown but they were told they eat their young out there" gave me terrible indigestion.

We do, and they do.

They were also claiming that the local cops had told them that they'd be foolish to live in Blanch without a guard dog and good alarm. And that Ballybrack was alright, but there was a big council estate there, "but sure that's Dublin, isn't it?"

Anna Carey has a dangerous Buffy the Vampire Slayer obsession. I bet she mentioned in that article how much better than Harry Buffy is.

I hate that cock-nosed fool

buffy, not anna

and I dunno, she may have but it sticks not in my mind

Originally posted by ronan
that 'Push the Dolphin' one was very good.
kinda Pullman-esque.

very very different to how i remember yiz live tho.

yeah it's alot less agressive than the live stuff but glad you like it. funny thing is it was written a long time before we heard any pullman. the second track is more representative of what we do live i guess.

Steerage have stunt doubles for their live sets. Word on the street says there'll be a new dance routine at the next gig.

You know, if I wasn't a woman I'd be seriously pissed off at Mick McCarthy right now....

Originally posted by billygannon
Steerage have stunt doubles for their live sets. Word on the street says there'll be a new dance routine at the next gig.

I hear these boys are in with a shout

You know, if I wasn't a woman I'd be seriously pissed off at Mick McCarthy right now....

The "latest" is that Niall Quinn is trying to broker a deal between Mick and Roy.

Yesterday I had to finish my lunch in a hurry because of the dumbasses sitting beside me. One described a thesis written by her sister while studying graphic design. The other went, "that's really interesting", then "and what is graphic design?"

nobody ever knows what graphic design is

we are the unsung heros

Originally posted by herv
currently reading 2 books i found on the street outside the oxfam shop on georges street. they were throwing out some unsellable stuff and some yob ripped open the bags and turned the contents out on the street. i got "william at war" by richmal crompton, and a collection of irish poetry from the mid 80s called "edible houses".
i also got a ladybird edition of jack and the beanstalk on tape, 2 candlestick flowery things, and a large cardboard sign which says "her reductions".

That's what that was about! I got Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.
I thought some poor schmuck was kicked out of their flat!

Originally posted by The Chilli King

There's a bunch of kids (early teens) who have been swimming in the Liffey every day all 'summer', up at the AIG centre at the end of the IFSC. Maybe they think it's safe because some of them wear wet suits or maybe they're extreme sport knackers who don't give a fuck. It's pretty damn disgusting to think about it as I'm sure they don't even wash afterwards. About 3 weeks ago one of them was stroling around naked ( so proud of his new pubes) and wet on the quays, much to the delight of some American tourists who were nearly pissing themselves with glee having never seen such untainted innocence.
Even more disturbing is that they swam there nearly every day seemingly without any intervention from the Guards, social services, or local autorities.

'extreme sport knackers'

:D class.

you'll go far kid. you'll go far.

Originally posted by coraline

you noticed pantalaimon. cool :p
there were so many amazing things in those books. after reading them i so wanted my own daemon...
he has written some articles which are very critical of the narnia books - very interesting if you can find them.he wasnt very popular after them though...

i can imagine, i think mebbe he owes a bit to them. but anyways. great books. will look for those articles, tomorrow when i'm even more ....bored in work.

must read some of his other stuff at some stage.

lookkit me...i'm STILL in work and i'll be in early tomorrw too. the things one does when he wants to keep a crap job. i just wanted to go back to town where there's nookie 'n stuff.... :(

last one out, switch off the lights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back