Bored In Work 12 - The Iron Man Match (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
on the odd nice summers day you'll see whole families sitting out by the canal in the portobello region, parents drinking stonehouse and childers swimming in the canal, between the lock gates. The pure filth of it, jjeeeeeeebus

There's a bunch of disadvantaged children (scangers) that spend their time jumping of the bridge before Queen St. into the Liffey every summer. Probably cheaper then herion and just as life threatening

speaking of scangers, today my 5 year old darlings pulled down their trousers and told me to fuck off when i gave out to them.
i hate my job :(

Just finished reading Coraline, Coraline. Great book. A much more interesting, imaginative read then that pointy hatted, bespectacled spunk bubble Potter. Mind you the back of a pack of Tescos cornflakes is a better read then the prepubescent necromancers books

threaten to put the leeches on them! if they don't understand...just put leeches on one of 'em!

although in later years they'll be well used to it from swimming in strange waterways.

hey flashpants i loved the coraline book too, obviously ;)
the buttons thing is genius...

and the amber spyglass
.|..|
did you read the first two bob jesus ?

Sure did, how cool are they!?!? kids books? no!! .|..|

all the references to Blake as well as the noble Iorek Byrnisumthin' or other...I don't think I've enjoyed a series of books that much in years!

I saw "coraline" in the shops the other day and was curious as i'd noticed you had pantalaimon as your tag here before and was thinking "there might be a recommendation by proxy in here".

bob

[all the references to Blake as well as the noble Iorek Byrnisumthin' or other...I don't think I've enjoyed a series of books that much in years!

I saw "coraline" in the shops the other day and was curious as i'd noticed you had pantalaimon as your tag here before and was thinking "there might be a recommendation by proxy in here".

bob

[/B][/QUOTE]

you noticed pantalaimon. cool :p
there were so many amazing things in those books. after reading them i so wanted my own daemon...
he has written some articles which are very critical of the narnia books - very interesting if you can find them.he wasnt very popular after them though...

Back from holidays.... back to the mundane drudgery of Ireland. God, this country is a big heap of shit....

read "True History of the Kelly Gang" and "Atonement" on holidays... both crackers.

I'm also just back from holidays, but thankfully I've taken a week off in Dublin before I go back to work (I've been up since 3:30 this morning because of time zone changes etc). On holidays I read Frank Zappa's book, the journey from the sea of cortez by John Steinbeck and the most beautiful woman in town by charles buckowski - marks out of ten are 7, 9 and 5 respectively.

Originally posted by Dan
Holidays almost aren't worth it.. the more you enjoy them, the more you suffer when you come home. Depression kicking in big time here.. !bog

o jaysus, me heart bleeds

all you cunts coming back from deadly holidays saying how much you hate ireland...well what about us normal folk who held the fort for yis while ye were away?? huh?? huh??!

ungrateful ingrates....;)

Originally posted by hopper

o jaysus, me heart bleeds

all you cunts coming back from deadly holidays saying how much you hate ireland...well what about us normal folk who held the fort for yis while ye were away?? huh?? huh??!

ungrateful ingrates....;)

Ye, bastards, myself and Hopper sat about hating Ireland from here. We didn't need no high falooting fordin holiday to hate this place. Weez keeping it reel

Yes, I saw the fucking idiotic Harry Potter movie. I went to great lengths to avoid reading the Harry Potter books much to the annoyance and aggravation of those who have, and keep trying to get me to read it. I took a lot of flack at dinner one night last year for not reading the Harry Potter books. Arguments have generally been along these lines

- You are just being stubborn
- Shut up
- Don’t comment till you have read the books
- Shut up
- Your arguments are invalid cause you’re an idiot
- Grrrr
- Shut up
- You are being a fucking idiot
- Just read the books dammit

I thought they nicked the good scenes from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. The Quidditch game scene also was very similar to the Pod Racing scene in Star Wars. I really don’t think their was any intention for this to happen but its hard not to draw parallels. I kept waiting for one of the spectators to yell, ‘Use the force Harry, use the force’.

currently reading 2 books i found on the street outside the oxfam shop on georges street. they were throwing out some unsellable stuff and some yob ripped open the bags and turned the contents out on the street. i got "william at war" by richmal crompton, and a collection of irish poetry from the mid 80s called "edible houses".
i also got a ladybird edition of jack and the beanstalk on tape, 2 candlestick flowery things, and a large cardboard sign which says "her reductions".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back