Bored In Work 12 - The Iron Man Match (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 75
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2
Bachelor's Walk is filming outside my place of work, so I have no excuse for being bored in work today.

my left knee is very sore today and I have a mysterious bruise on the inside of my upper right arm

ah weekends, what glorious opportunities for minor injury they contain

This really isn't much of an Iron Man match.

Keeror, just keep making a nuisance of yourself on the set of Bachelors Walk and maybe The Jimmy Cake can get another mention on RTE.

I loved the way in the last serious of BW the way they did the location shooting on a complete shoestring, if not a loafer sans all forms of laces, so as the characters were promenading down the boardwalk / up Grafton St, you'd see the gawping public behind them pointing and swivelling their heads to watch. Good ole RTE

Originally posted by kirstie
my left knee is very sore today and I have a mysterious bruise on the inside of my upper right arm

ah weekends, what glorious opportunities for minor injury they contain

I had to go to the doctor once with a bruise on my knee that just kept getting worse and worse. When she asked me how I got it I had to admit to not having the faintest idea...

I'm really hungry... and paranoid. Theres some conspiracy going on here to make me and someone else I work with redundant. :confused:

I went out for lunch and when I came back the film crew and extras had disappeared - but mysteriously left all their bags and coats and newspapers behind. It's like the extras dressing room of the Marie Celeste.

Originally posted by pad
my foot hurts.
quite a bit really.

yeah, right.

that's just a lame excuse to sit down when we practice.

lame indeed

there was a swimming race in the Liffey on Saturday and when the competitors got out they had to go through the 'Decontamination Unit'.

Imagine. Swimming the Liffey. Jaysus.

Swimming the Liffey

ew.

aren't there big signs around the liffey saying not to get in because you might get weill's disease from all the rat piss?

Originally posted by minka
Swimming the Liffey

ew.

aren't there big signs around the liffey saying not to get in because you might get weill's disease from all the rat piss?

the crap that was floating around on the surface should have put them off, but it didnae:(

A friend of mine saw someone jump into the Liffey from O'Connell bridge one night. He didn't resurface so the police and fire brigade etc were called and after a few hours a body was fished out of the water, but it wasn't the same bloke who jumped in!
Swimming in it? No way. It's all dead dogs and shopping trolleys and poo.

Originally posted by hopper

the crap that was floating around on the surface should have put them off, but it didnae:(

There's a bunch of kids (early teens) who have been swimming in the Liffey every day all 'summer', up at the AIG centre at the end of the IFSC. Maybe they think it's safe because some of them wear wet suits or maybe they're extreme sport knackers who don't give a fuck. It's pretty damn disgusting to think about it as I'm sure they don't even wash afterwards. About 3 weeks ago one of them was stroling around naked ( so proud of his new pubes) and wet on the quays, much to the delight of some American tourists who were nearly pissing themselves with glee having never seen such untainted innocence.
Even more disturbing is that they swam there nearly every day seemingly without any intervention from the Guards, social services, or local autorities.

Bachelor's Walk update:
Barry Boland is mowing the grass with a sit-on mower.
Fake students litter the damp grass.
Barry (or Keith, for that is his real name) is urged to chase after some girls on his mower, Benny Hill style. He tries but since the mower only goes about half walking speed, the effect is less than convincing.
Scene is wrapped, extras applaud and director tells everyone they've done great work. They haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back