BOOM BOOM ROOM CLOSED???? (1 Viewer)

Damien,

That request was never confirmed, therefore could not be canceled. The date was requested, however it was booked by another promoter. I feel it is, in your words "seriously bad form" and irresponsible of you to comment publicly on matters relying on hearsay and slanderous gossip. Moderators take note.

Joey

Damien,

That request was never confirmed, therefore could not be canceled. The date was requested, however it was booked by another promoter. I feel it is, in your words "seriously bad form" and irresponsible of you to comment publicly on matters relying on hearsay and slanderous gossip. Moderators take note.

Joey

in fairness, he was speaking from personal experience. "hearsay" and "slanderous gossip" is a bit of an overreaction.

Dunchee,

Damien stated that the the venue has a reputation for canceling gigs. Considering that since I began organizing BBR no gigs had been canceled by us prior to last week when the premises were closed, I don't think I overreacted. I am proud of how BBR has developed since I have been involved, and of the manner in which we have administered its services. In fact I believe we have a reputation as a professional, accommodating venue. In my opinion Damien's remarks are spurious and damaging to our good name.

Joey

Damien,

Joey

That's not his version of events, and whether you think it slanderous or not, there are now a group of people/potential promoters who believe you've earned that reputation (as people communicate in real life as well as "publicly" on the internet).
Seeing as I had two gigs personally cancelled on me by the boom boom room before (albeit by the old booker, but the venue still has the same name, hence the suggesstion), and then had heard this story from a friend, I don't think I was out of line - its the worst fucking thing to have a band from another country coming to ireland only to have the venue bail on you. Whatever damage has been done is done, I don't think any of your usual clientelle are going to stop calling just because of something someone posted on the internet.

I think it's possible someone may not call the Boom Boom Room in the future if yis don't get yisser shit back together, PRONTO!

The only way to prove you're reliable is by BEING reliable.

What people say doesn't matter if your record is impeccable.

First step - REOPEN!

Second step - MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

No matter what happens, people will be understandably concerned that the circumstances leading to the present closure may be ultimately unresolved and may reoccur.

Hopefully when you reopen you'll be able to regain promoters' confidence.

I think it's possible someone may not call the Boom Boom Room in the future if yis don't get yisser shit back together, PRONTO!

The only way to prove you're reliable is by BEING reliable.

What people say doesn't matter if your record is impeccable.

First step - REOPEN!

We have been reliable. We have proved that 3-4 nights a week in Conways for more than a year since I have been involved. All bookings have been given the opportunity to move to an alternate venue with more than adequate facilities and services. We have successfully produced gigs in this venue for the past two weeks. Everyone has been given the option of keeping their bookings active. The Boom Boom Room has had to reschedule one booking in this whole ordeal. ONE! Our shit has been together the whole time! Any recent booking that was canceled was abandoned by the promoters/bands.

I have no control over whether Conways opens again, but The Boom Boom Room has it's shit together and has proved its reliability by securing a suitable, local venue under severe pressure and time constraints, to continue to provide a professional service throughout this difficult period.

Regards,
Joey

that which was to be demonstrated

quad erat demonstrandum

(c) Sean O'Hanlon, Ringsend Tech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back