BOOM BOOM ROOM CLOSED???? (5 Viewers)

i would always try and get a contract from a venue that has a reputation for cancelling gigs.

it does among people whos gigs have been cancelled in the past.

I think you should always try to get the booking agent to sign a contract. I know the bbr are a nice crowd but there's folk that aren't. Ideally the venue should have a contract template available. It inspires confidence as opposed to getting a receipt for the deposit written on a post-it or similar. It helps with the organisation too, I think.

Hi All,

As you may be aware, The Boom Boom Room has been closed recently due to legal proceedings involving the licensees of the premises. I have been informed that we will be operational again at Conways beginning Feb 28. In the interim we have moved some of our gigs across O'Connell Street to Murray's (previously Fitzers?). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However we must disagree with Damiens posts stating that The Boom Boom Room is "a venue that has a reputation for cancelling gigs." and "among people whos gigs have been cancelled in the past." I would ask Damien to please advise which gigs have been canceled in the past and why, and with whom do we have this reputation? We eagerly await your response Damien.

We would like to thank all of those kind and estimable folks whose support and understanding have been a blessing to us during these past two weeks.

Best Regards,
Joey

i had two gigs cancelled on me there in the past - before your tenure as head honcho, i believe. i had figured the old guy was just a bit flakey or dodgy, but seemingly you cancelled a gig on a friend of mine last month.
don't want to stir shit, but it's seriously bad form to cancel on someone when touring bands are involved (which they were on all three occasions).

don't wanting to fight someone else's battles in public so i'll just say that the date was jan 19th.

Damien, you made a public statement that I am questioning. I don't want to battle, just want an explanation of your statements. I have gone through our correspondence regarding bookings on Jan 19 2008. We had two requests for bookings that date. one of those requests booked the venue, the other was from a bloke named Conor. Is this who you are referring to?

i had two gigs cancelled on me there in the past - before your tenure as head honcho, i believe. i had figured the old guy was just a bit flakey or dodgy, but seemingly you cancelled a gig on a friend of mine last month.
don't want to stir shit, but it's seriously bad form to cancel on someone when touring bands are involved (which they were on all three occasions).

Damien

Who is your friend, what was the gig, and why was it canceled?

is there going to be a knife fight between monkey's??? i can't fucking wait..!
:p
leigh

Contracts?
All the time?
Thanks BOOM BOOM ROOM.
You've now created a bureacracy.

Hi. I would look for a contract if I was dealing directly with a venue, especially one that I don't know much about. I'm not referring to anyone who posts on the "Gig Announcements" board. I've no plans to impose this on the rest of the world. This mightn't be clear from my previous post. Regards.

Damien, you made a public statement that I am questioning. I don't want to battle, just want an explanation of your statements. I have gone through our correspondence regarding bookings on Jan 19 2008. We had two requests for bookings that date. one of those requests booked the venue, the other was from a bloke named Conor. Is this who you are referring to?

thats the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back