BOOM BOOM ROOM CLOSED???? (1 Viewer)

thanks, joey

Hi All,

Joey from The Boom Boom Room here. Just a quick note to address the situation at Patrick Conways Pub/The Boom Boom Room.

The pub was visited by the Gardai on Fri night at closing. The manager and staff were advised that they would not be allowed to reopen the premises until a problem with their license to operate was rectified. I have been advised by the owners of Conways the reason for this is that there has been an objection lodged against the license. It has been explained to me that the license and premises are owned by a number of individuals, and that there is a disagreement regarding the premises amongst themselves.

I have been advised that this is a temporary situation, and that the premises should be re-opened early this week. It has nothing to do with underage drinkers, or any other reasons related to the operation of the pub or venue.

Thanks for the kind words and support The Boom Boom Room has received in this difficult time, including those posted in this thread.

Best Regards,
Joey

er, does that mean our gig there on monday week (the one i just spent two days in dublin promoting, and paid for poster sites for and such) is off? balls.

er, does that mean our gig there on monday week (the one i just spent two days in dublin promoting, and paid for poster sites for and such) is off? balls.

I'd get in touch with the venue.

well, we did the normal booking form and such. i've never signed a contract for any music related thing in my life, perhaps unwisely...

still, i rather feared they'd gone bust and vanished, whereas it seems this'll all get sorted out and we can come down another time. shame, i was looking forward to those shows a lot, even if noone else was!

well, we did the normal booking form and such. i've never signed a contract for any music related thing in my life, perhaps unwisely...

still, i rather feared they'd gone bust and vanished, whereas it seems this'll all get sorted out and we can come down another time. shame, i was looking forward to those shows a lot, even if noone else was!

by the way, what gigs do you do?
:)
- leigh

we started a label and booked an irish tour, so we went for the boom boom room for the dublin show (innit) only with that missing there's rather a whole in the tour.
i've never put anything on outside belfast before..

anyway, two days before that one, our friends and bandmates tracer amc were supposed to be playing the same venue, and they got a call from the promoter today saying the gig was off. bah!

we started a label and booked an irish tour, so we went for the boom boom room for the dublin show (innit) only with that missing there's rather a whole in the tour.
i've never put anything on outside belfast before..

anyway, two days before that one, our friends and bandmates tracer amc were supposed to be playing the same venue, and they got a call from the promoter today saying the gig was off. bah!

yeah, nay was telling me about that
she was was somewhat annoyed about it
:mad:
- leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back