bodies (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

La La

i drink your milkshake
i was a little curious until i read

Disclaimer:

-This exhibit displays human remains of Chinese citizens or residents which were originally received by the Chinese Bureau of Police. The Chinese Bureau of Police may receive bodies from Chinese prisons. Premier cannot independently verify that the human remains you are viewing are not those of persons who were incarcerated in Chinese prisons.

-This exhibit displays full body cadavers as well as human body parts, organs, fetuses and embryos that come from cadavers of Chinese citizens or residents. With respect to the human parts, organs, fetuses and embryos you are viewing, Premier relies solely on the representations of its Chinese partners and cannot independently verify that they do not belong to persons executed while incarcerated in Chinese prisons

think i'll leave it, so. anyone going?

http://bodiesdublin.com/

Not a chance.

A friend of mine who is an osteoarchaeologist went to meet a guy who was doing a PhD in anatomy, about 6 or 7 years ago. The was involved with the early development of the process used in the Bodies exhibit, and he was very excited to have a visitor to the lab who could talk about stuff at more than a basic level, and he started getting pretty hyper telling her about how they do plastination and how lifelike it is. She was a bit amused and was sort of looking around the lab, and then he ran off out of the room for a second and came back and put something into her hand.

She looked down and it was half a human head.

GROASE.

She said it was sort of stomachable until she saw the eyelashes. And it just felt like a normal, living breathing head, only sliced in two.

UGH.

SHUDDER.

The process used in it is really fucking cool, but I don't wanna see it. But even if I did, the provenance of the bodies is well dodgy, and I'm not okay with that.

Personally, I think it's a pretty sick load of wank. Especially as the origin of the bodies is questionable at best. Knowing the Chinese prison system, they were probably killed just to provide specimens.

So, er, no. I definitely won't be going.

And I don't really like the very large picture of a dissected and plastinated body on the front of The Ambassador. Smacks of Youth Defence.

Whatever happened to real plastic?

Look at the high-ranking people who give reviews though! - how could you not go?

- George Michalopoulos, M.D., Chair, Department of Pathology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine

- Dr. Mehmet Oz, Oprah Medical Correspondent

- Monsignor Laurence Higgins, St. Lawrence Catholic Church, Tampa Bay, FL

this thread is the most i've looked into the exhib...ye reckon it'd be too much for a 7yr old w a love of blood, skeletons, etc...?

its an all-ages thing. The place I work in is giving subsidies to employees to go visit this, and they have family rates.

I've talked to 2 people who've seen this in other cities. One said it was fascinating and that I should go. The other (whose opinion I'd trust more) said its a boring load of aul bollox.

and I agree with Goff. How, in this day and age can they get away with displaying real live dead bodies and not know the origins of said real live dead bodies? Oh yeah, China. Fuck that shit.

Would like to see this but i do question the origin of the bodies. It sounds well dodge.

Would like to see this but i do question the origin of the bodies. It sounds well dodge.

I hate to say it, but all of the handwringing about where the bodies come from doesn't put me off at all. It's not like anyone ever refused to look at the paramids because of the cruelty involved in building them.

i went to it on saturday. pretty dodgy about the where the bodies came from alright. the muscle and flesh looks like turkey and ham. and the foetus display is pretty grim, they have a foetus sample from every stage, from a few weeks right up to 5/6 months. best display was the entire human vein/artery system laid out as it is in the body. 20 squid in was a bit cheeky too. not for the faint hearted. don't plan on a turkey and ham lunch afterwards.

seen i9t in austria in summer, i'm not sqeammish and enjoy learning about myself as a physical entity, i found it in teresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back