Boardwalk Empire Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Had a lump in my throat at the end.

Shame to see Tolliver go. I think it was only hinted at what a psychopath he actually was. They sure know how to stage a fight scene.

I'm also a little surprised that Chalkey is in the jeopardy he is, at the start of the season I thought he'd have Narcisse killed pretty quick sharp (still not warming to that character, a much poorer antagonist to Gyp last season.)
Not sure I see Narcisse as the antagonist, for me it was Tolliver, and he was a bloody good one at that. Pure nutcase.

Well I wasn't expecting that tbh. Disappointing finale as scientician said it is still very watchable show.

just finished watching it

glad that creepy little dweeb of a feeb got battered but fucking narcisse! still alive! that guy is such a knob-end. at least his accent has settled down a bit; he sounded like the child catcher when he first turned up.
llllllollipops...trrreacle tahts....alllllllll frrrrrrrrreee todayyy

I thought Harrow was one of the more engaging characters in it, I'm really sorry they killed him off. They did do it well though.

Gillian in jail also means another interesting character will most likely be AWOL next season. Hopefully it means Margaret will become more of a central character again, her short segments this season were some of my favourites.

Was on a sick day yesterday and caught up on this. Built up nicely towards the end but really didn't like the finale. Definitely the worst season so far. Also as others have said, hard to know where it's going to pick up with Harrow gone and that hammy cunt Narcisse still on the go. Also, Chalkey's daughter, far too beautiful to be the minor character caught in the cross-fire. All the best ones get the axe!

We survived losing Jimmy Darmody, we'll get past losing Harrow.
The show hasn't been as good without Jimmy and it will be even less good now.

The other thing I meant to mention, how many times and how easily have people got by Nucky's guards when he was expecting danger? And each time he's got out of it in a stupid way without having to do a whole lot himself. Really pisses me off. For one you'd think a gangster so high up the food chain would have decent muscle. Secondly he never has to do much to get out of these life or death pickles. Like, did Chalkey actually believe him that he hadn't sold him down the river? It didn't take much convincing and otherwise it made no sense that he would just jump back on board so easily.

One of the first two for me. Probably the 2nd. Although Gyp was quite the character the overall story wasn't as engaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back