Blur (1 Viewer)

Favourite Blur LP

• Total voters
It really was a fantastic set...BUT...jaysus the whole set up was a complete farce.

Most people were arriving between 7 and 8 which resulted in a bar queue that literally stretched all the way back to the west gate!

Leaving afterwards was pretty shabby too, the crowds trying to leave through the gates were very close to a crush scenario..

Great gig though.

At the time I way preferred Blur...but in hindsight..Oasis were the winners of that makey uppy rivalru.

By a LONG CHALK.

Who the fuck even remembers any Blur tunes?

Who knows all the lyrics to a couple of Oasis tunes?

Answer..FUCK ALL and LOADS

And Damon Albern is an insufferable cunt whilst Noely G is great.

Graham Coxon was the best thing about the whole lotta them though.

He can do no wrong in my eyes.Once he's not being hamstrung by that Albern fella.

At the time I way preferred Blur...but in hindsight..Oasis were the winners of that makey uppy rivalru.

By a LONG CHALK.

Who the fuck even remembers any Blur tunes?

Who knows all the lyrics to a couple of Oasis tunes?

Answer..FUCK ALL and LOADS

in pure industry terms, thats sound enough. I was on date a year or two ago and she asked me 'who do you prefer, blur or oasis'. my mind immediatley went into that father ted episode, but at the time, the answer for me would have been pulp or radiohead. I like blur better though.

Damon Albern is horrible.

He's a pretentious fuck.With A SHIT ear for a tune

haha:)

I don't know though.."The Universal" ( yes, I had to go and look up "it really, really, really could happen" ) is a good piece of music; interesting melody and time signature, Bacharach-like horns etc

Marred by really, really, really poor lyrics

haha:)

I don't know though.."The Universal" ( yes, I had to go and look up "it really, really, really could happen" ) is a good piece of music; interesting melody and time signature, Bacharach-like horns etc

Marred by really, really, really poor lyrics
Aww I fucking LOVE that tune!!
Jazes..it reminds me of some beautiful times I had

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suppose the fact that we only had the two stations at home rte 1 and net 2 in the 90's meant i was less exposed to the whole "brit pop" thing !

The giant queue for the bar thing is inexcusable, especially since they have had the same problems before, in the same venue. If you can't deliver bar service then just don't have it and let people bring their own booze in if they want to drink.

Well logistically they would need what ? A larger or longer bar or more bar's ? More bar staff, more beer, more beer storage area for barrels/keg,s, (there are something like 84 to 88 pints in a keg) More beer pump's. They would need people to change load and unload barrels, beer pumps, beer maybe need's to be kept a certain temprature ?

So there is probarbly a lot more to it than meets the eye but at the same time you would expect something like to be fairly essential to the event.
I wonder if logistically it would be good idea to offer some sort of other alcoholic drink's apart from beer like wine or a cocktail bar even.

Last edited:
I was wondering what this had to do with the rivalry between Oasis and Blur

such is my attention span

Does anyone know how the booze licence works for these type of events? Like are they given out under strict guidelines, x taps per x punters? Just a thought, I have no idea how this works but considering this is a constant problem at every outdoor gig ever in this country since forever.. there might be some other reason for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back