Blogger wanted to give Home Recording Tips... (1 Viewer)

BandBidder

Hi... I'm looking for someone experienced in Home Sound Recording to give some tips and answer questions through my site for Bands that want to build up a profile.
The site is www.BandBidder.com

I can be contacted on chris[user=11327]BandBidder[/user].com if you are interested?

Thanks in advance..

Chris.

Hi... I'm looking for someone experienced in Home Sound Recording to give some tips and answer questions through my site for Bands that want to build up a profile.
The site is www.BandBidder.com

I can be contacted on chris[user=11327]BandBidder[/user].com if you are interested?

Thanks in advance..

Chris.

what is a live music auction?? is it like a modern slave auction?

Hi Ann...
Kinda comes across that way but...

www.BandBidder.com is a place where venues can advertise their gig and how much they can afford to pay for it. If a musician is interested in the gig they can now show their interest with a bid. The bid price can be up to the gig amount and every musician can bid the same price if they want. It is NOT a 'lowest price wins' Auction. The venue can choose at the end of the auction whichever musician they want.
Having a profile page with a fair feedback ranking system will diferenciate between the good and better musicians and should be the deciding point..

But also remember - It is Free to bid, Free to browse the gigs and musicians are under no obligation to use the site.
In saying that I hope you now have a clearer picture of what BandBidder.com is about and it is ONLY a place where venues or live music bookers can advertise their gig.

Chris.

They are indeed Ann..
As are the band profiles and feedback ratings.. Are you an artist yourself?

I'm just very curious about the whole thing - its a bit like tender for contracts like an electrical or plumbing firm would submit, except very public.
I want to know how this business model works. Are you the site owner or an employee? how do you profit from it? if you are an employee,how does the company profit from it?? how much do you make and out of who's pocket?? I think its only fair answers these questions if the bidding is to be public, as this system puts the answers to all those questions on display in the case of the musicians on the whole internet publicly, i'd say its only fair to do same for the people owning, running and promoting the site.

All fair points Ann. All of those are answered on the site itself. - http://bandbidder.com/how-it-works/
I'm the site owner and a musician myself..
BandBidder profits from taking a percentage of the agree gig price. So technically the artist pay a maximum gig finders fee of 10%.
We work with Venues from around the world and where there are Residency gigs we only take 10% of the first 6 gigs.
So for instance we recently fulfilled a gig in the US for a 4 month contract where the residency involved 5 nights per week over the duration. This added up to almost 90 gigs but we still only took 10% of the first 6 gigs.. That was 0.66% commission..
We're looking to reduce this year on year but I'm afraid it needs to be this high at the moment to cover overheads.
Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back