BLOC 2009 (2 Viewers)

BLOC said:
SOLD OUT!

We are off our heads with happiness and so chestburstingly proud to be entertaining each and every one of you at our new home at Butlins Minehead that every now and again we have to stand up on the tables in the office and punch the air like victorious revolutionaries.

BLOC will be a ram-jam-packout pleasuredome of such audio paradise that the whole time you're there you won't dare close your eyes in case you go to open them again and it's all been taken away.

But why would you want to when there's so much to see and do?

Swift recap - BLOC is the best, because:

AFX + Hecker; Go-Karts; the seaside; incredible new venue; MDSLKTR; aquatic water adventure wonderland; Afrika Bambaataa; 24hr bars; no tents; Carl Craig; Miami Vice Sunday Disco; Ceephax Acid Karaoke; 5000 friends you never met yet and the best weekend there's ever been...

Stay tuned, stay safe, stay in control

still need a shitting costume. pressure.

i knew it was fate i picked up that ultra loud shirt with blue fish on it in walmart in florida when i was there of crimbo

my mates have two spare tickets. pm if yis need one.

See... THIS is how you sell your tickets... weren't you lot walking around the Friday night at Bloc last year trying to flog a ticket?!

You still not going? you're a model citizen you are ;)

lows
missing soooooooo many acts i wanted to see because of hanging in the chalet, general buzzing about, hash cakes, slot machines/time crisis

it being too short

highs
great weather

aphex set (depending on where you stood), bizzy b, skream and benga, bit of Dj Pinch, most of Pole, qbert, eh... loads of other stuff

not one moment of grief from staff/security

bishop the welsh rugby crusty

lows
missing soooooooo many acts i wanted to see because of hanging in the chalet, general buzzing about, hash cakes, slot machines/time crisis

it being too short

highs
great weather

aphex set (depending on where you stood), bizzy b, skream and benga, bit of Dj Pinch, most of Pole, qbert, eh... loads of other stuff

not one moment of grief from staff/security

bishop the welsh rugby crusty
i hate you now

lows
missing soooooooo many acts i wanted to see because of hanging in the chalet, general buzzing about

yep, agree with you there! Ended up missing tons of stuff that was on too early or very late. Particularly enjoyed Cosmic Force, Robert Hood, Rusko, Altern 8 and Dynamix II. Surgeon and Sims were great as well but i was in heap by the time they finished.

highlights: savage craic, loads of sound randomers, altern8, ed rush, roast beef dinner for breakfast on sunday.

lowlights: huuuuuge queue for aphex, missed it, missed loads of other shit, only a few key cards per chalet + not working phones = major pain

lowlights: huuuuuge queue for aphex, missed it,

shit... was fairly packed. On the UPside of that you didn't have to witness the autopsy visuals which seemed to freak a fair few people out.... they had to try and dance without looking up ..

the only queue I got stuck in was the one for the radioactive man set at 7 in the morning...

yea great stuff there. still feelin' it though...

Aphex wwas immense and punishing. surgeon/sims, bass clef, tim exile all rocked it out. great soundsystem. deadly record stalls. bishop the rugby crustie made my saturday as well...

props to broken arm/jasper/corksongs for contributing to the vibes and buzzes....

I left the front row after Egyptian lover to have a fag - 5 mins before Aphex. Couldn't get back in of course. Bleh.

Also made little puddles of puke/ketamine all over Somerset while dressed like Don Johnson. Nice.

aphex was playing live right? what kinda shit is he knocking out these days? much of his older stuff/analord stuff/extremegabbernoise?

aphex was playing live right? what kinda shit is he knocking out these days? much of his older stuff/analord stuff/extremegabbernoise?

i just caught the 2nd half, but it stuff by the Tuss old manky squat techno style messyness. earplugs came in handy.

it was all about Clark though

well beyond anything else i heard, the place went accordingly mental as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back