Bl'ast (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Steady on!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

from the press release:

BL'AST! - AN UNRELEASED RECORDING SESSION BROUGHT TO LIFE BY DAVE GROHL, SET FOR SEPTEMBER RELEASE VIA SOUTHERN LORD

As far as stories of lost and found recorded material go, few tales can be told like this - where remarkably, all the pieces of the puzzle come together in fortunate ways, resulting in a brand new recording that surprised even the band themselves!

BL'AST! - A potted history...

Having formed in 1982, the highly influential Santa Cruz hardcore legend: BL’AST! released their first album, The Power of Expression in 1985. This debut album completely blew everyone away and went on to become one of the highly sought after, “must- have” hardcore albums from the 80s'.

BL'AST! were beyond intense, continually pushing the boundaries of hardcore with their advanced musicianship, unstoppable energic delivery and explosive live performances. This overwhelming power caught the attention of SST records, who released the band's second album, It’s In My Blood in 1987. Their third album Take The Manic Ride, was then released in 1989.

BL'AST!'s wide-eyed, ambitious approach and intense perserverance became an influence for many bands to come. Shortly after the release of Take The Manic Ride the band broke up and their story was buried by time and dust....UNTIL NOW!

A miraculous discovery...

Earlier this year BL'AST! guitarist, Mike Neider contacted Southern Lord with news that he had found some mysterious old BL'AST! master tapes in a abandoned storage locker. Greg Anderson, fanatical about BL'AST!, wasted no time in sending the tapes to a studio to be baked. Needless to say, after 25 years gathering dust, the quality had deteriorated. Even when the tapes had been baked, nobody could have anticipated what would follow. With the tapes baked and audio digitised, Southern Lord contacted long time BL'AST! fiend, Dave Grohl about mixing this recording, his response was an enthusiastic “FUCK YEAH!, LETS DO THIS”!

Whilst inside Grohl's famous 606 Studios (and with the Neve console as featured in the recent Grohl produced documentary 'Sound City') a remarkable discovery was made - a completely unheard, unreleased BL'AST! recording session from the mid-80s.

The lineup of the band at the time of the recording included second guitarist William Duvall (from Neon Christ & interestingly now the vocalist for Alice In Chains) who had moved from his hometown of Atlanta out to Santa Cruz on a tip from mutual friends, Corrosion of Conformity to join the band. Unfortunately his tenure with BL'AST! was short-lived and no recordings from that lineup were ever released.

From the thunderous bass intro of “Only Time Will Tell” to the apocalyptic warnings of “Its In My Blood” the album completely rips and rages from start to finish. All parties involved were completely amazed at how vibrant, unique and new the material sounded.

All things considered, it is miraculous that this record survived it's journey and that everyone who was involved in bringing this recording to life, could be. Everything fell into place, when it could have easily crumbled along the way. This record is a time capsule that is meant to be heard!

There is no doubt in our minds that Blood will be a crucial purchase for any current Hardcore fiend as well as punk/hardcore fans who loved the band back in the day.

Check out the album trailer including audio sample on Youtube (or via this direct link:
)

Steady on!!!!!!!!!!!!

BL'AST! TO RELEASE ALTERNATIVE VERSION OF THEIR CULT DEBUT, NAMED THE EXPRESSION OF POWER, AVAILABLE VIA SOUTHERN LORD 17TH MARCH
Following announcements over recent months proclaiming the release of Blood! — the newly-released but vintage recordings from iconic ‘80s Santa Cruz surf/skate/hardcore act, BL’AST! – the band then confirmed their current live lineup which took over stages in the US last year for the first time in over a decade and a half. Original BL’AST! alumni, vocalist Clifford Dinsmore (also of Dusted Angel, Gargantula) and guitarist Mike Neider recruited Nick Oliveri (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator) on bass and drummer Hoss Wright (The Exies, Mondo Generator) to flesh out the brand new live lineup.
BL'AST! have some more live shows this week in the States and will also perform at the infamous Hellfest, suggesting that more European shows might be confirmed soon (we hope!):
02/18/14 - San Francisco, The Chapel, United States
04/18/14 - Santa Cruz, The Catalyst, United States
06/21/14 - HELLFEST, France
But their story doesn't end there, as another release is on the horizon for the highly influential hardcore heroes, ready to emerge in March. They are calling it, The Expression Of Power.
Flashing back to the mid 80s, BL'AST! recorded their debut several times before finally emerging from the studio with their cult classic masterpiece The Power of Expression. For the first time ever, an alternate version (the Track sessions) of this album is officially available via Southern Lord on CD and triple LP. Also included is a 28 page booklet with amazing BL'AST! photos from the mid-80s. All tracks (re)mastered by Brad Boatright.
Their boundary pushing form of hardcore, advanced musicianship, unstoppable energy and intense perseverance is as prominent now as it ever was.
pRV-tqe_aXueQkPlkH738nDm-6z89EQ-c2Qr-L0EXyoOCS2DTXaHURFY5-Vc5r8AQ_7G5eHxy53WcEladz153V-vsTjOnO81j1RBzYtJXg=s0-d-e1-ft

CD TRACKLISTING:
01. TIME TO THINK
02. SURF AND DESTROY
03. FUCKIN' WITH MY HEAD
04. E.I.B.
05. OUR EXPLANATION
06. THE FUTURE
07. SOMETHING BEYOND
08. BREAK IT DOWN
09. TIME WAITS (FOR NO ONE)
10. I DON'T NEED II
11. IT'S ALIVE
12. LOOK INTO MYSELF
13. NIGHTMARE
-TRACK SESSIONS-
14. TIME TO THINK
15.SURF & DESTROY
16. FUCKIN' WITH MY HEAD
17. E.I.B.
18. OUR EXPLANATION
19. THE FUTURE
20. BREAK IT DOWN
21. TIME WAITS (FOR NO ONE)
22. I DONT NEED II
23. IT'S ALIVE
24. SCREAM FOR TOMORROW
25. NIGHTMARE

After the last fiasco,are we supposed to believe this is an alternate recording too?

And Hellfest-no thanks!!

BL'AST! UK/EUROPEAN TOUR DATES CONFIRMED PLUS NEW LIVE LINE UP ANNOUNCED

Iconic Santa Cruz heavy fusion act, BL’AST! have confirmed UK/European tour dates this June, and a new live line up. Original BL’AST! alumni, vocalist Clifford Dinsmore (also of Dusted Angel, Gargantula) and guitarist Mike Neider (LAB) will be joined by Nick Oliveri (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age, Mondo Generator) on bass and Joey Castillo (Queens Of The Stone Age, Danzig, Eagles Of Death Metal & Wasted Youth) on drums.

On the subject of touring in the UK and Europe, Mike Neider comments..."we couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit. Joey and Nick have shown tons of respect to the music and have added their blood to make even more manic and heavy! BL'AST! is in full sound assault mode!
We are looking forward to the upcoming dates, honestly, it feels never better! And to come over for the first time at this point in time will be a great display of heavy!"

Vocalist Cliff Dinsmore adds..."We have such an amazing band chemistry going on right now...it's beyond anything I've experienced in all my years of playing with BL'AST! Nick and Joey's contribution to the band has brought it to a level of tightness and intensity that is totally insane!!"

Nick and Joey haven't played together since Queens Of The Stone Age over 10 years ago - Joey C has this to say about being part of BL'AST!..."Very stoked to be playing with BL'AST! For a couple reasons: I go way back with the guys, be it when I was a kid playing in "Wasted Youth", we did shows together, and I was always a fan. And obviously playing again with Nick Oliveri, my other old friend from our days in QOTSA together, makes it even that much greater and fun! Can't wait to get overseas to show what BL'AST! is all about, see ya soon!"

Finally Nick Oliveri sums things up perfectly..."BL'AST! Is like getting your ass kicked and liking it. I saw them play when I was younger with Exploited. Bands like these change lives. It is an honor to play with Mike, Clifford, and I'm really stoked to be playing with Joey C again. We are gonna kill it."

The full tour dates are as follows...

unnamed (1).jpg

Sounds ok on one listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back