Blanchardstown Centre = Depressing (2 Viewers)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
I only had to go up there to the bleedin post office cos the one in the village had its system down or somesuch. Jesus, Blanchardstown Centre is a miserable, soulless hole of a place. Do any of you actually like it? Or any other big shopping centre complexes? I find them irredeemably soul destroying and avoid them if possible.

Yeah,its cat alright.I hate shopping centres generally.

Blanch must be cat to go to without a jam jar.

I'm in love with Dun Laoighaire Shopping Centre and have been since I was a kid. It was also impressive enough to feature in The Snapper and the episode of Father Ted where the writer comes to live on Craggy Island.
.|..|
The Blackrock shopping centre is pretty cool too, the one with Superquinn in it. It's all wood and plants and stairs and stuff.

As a lad I used to think the Ilac was pretty impressive.

Some kip.

Does anyone have a link to the Northside jingle?Thats a classic!

Heres a great clip of Northside in 84.if you look close you can see me coming out of Superquinn with loads of sweets up me jumper and a Thriller 7".

Man I really want to hear that ad,and the bargaintown one too.Rockin'

I like the Blanch Centre, I was a mall rat as a teenager and there was literally no where better to go in the area.
Handy if you know what you want and can get in early. Not the same without Borders though. :(

Oh yeah, I worked in the centre for 3 years so that might have warped my thinking.

Ilac,
Jervis st,
Charlestown,
Dundrum,
Swan centre,
Ballymun town centre,
The Square,
emm what's in Stillorgan?

haven't done charlestown either,good call.stillorgan has one but its like blackrock in that it has no roof.architects were obviously thinking of california or somewhere when designing them :rolleyes:

Charlestown's small, they're still adding to it. It's special feature is that it has Ireland's biggest flatscreen tv (according to the plaque anyway), any time I'm on the stairs there I hear someone talking about it. It's really not that big and doesn't be on much.
Oh there's an ice skating rink too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back