Blackfort Table Quiz - Thursday 2nd December 2004 (3 Viewers)

Super Dexta said:
so does anyone know how many eyelids a cat has? that one nearly split stillborn priest down the middle.
I think it was two per eye. A cat also has over 100 vocal chords, fact fans.

Actually, I'd like the answers to all of Round 4 - where the fuck wasn't the Olympics held? Sapporo seemed like the red herring, so I was guessing Helsinki.

Catwoman said:
I think it was two per eye. A cat also has over 100 vocal chords, fact fans.
my cat can say 'ham'
he likes ham a lot

he also did this yawn and miaow thing once that sounded like he was saying 'heeelllllloooooooooo'
it really freaked my sister out

Super Dexta said:
WE DIDN'T LOOK AT THE BOOKS DURING THE QUIZ! THEY WERE JUST FOR SWOTTING UP BEFOREHAND! YOU FUCKS!!!

Hehe. My method of studying in college was just to carry a load of books around with me, hoping the knowledge would go into my brain by osmosis. So I maintain that there mere possession of books is an advantage. :D

P.S. My sincerest apologies to Stillborn Priest for the menacing text messages. (I am banned from Trivial Pursuit in three homes.)

THRILLHO said:
Actually, I'd like the answers to all of Round 4 - where the fuck wasn't the Olympics held? Sapporo seemed like the red herring, so I was guessing Helsinki.
Oh, it's Toronto - they're bidding for the 2008 olympics.
Once again proving that my gut instict is a good indicator of the wrong answer.

george mcfly said:
my cat can say 'ham'
he likes ham a lot

he also did this yawn and miaow thing once that sounded like he was saying 'heeelllllloooooooooo'
My boyfriend claims that his dog said hello to him once. Kind of 'herr-row'. :rolleyes:

A cat saying ham, now *that's* impressive!

the point-ier faced the cat, the more vocal it will be, which is why siamese speak a lot and fat bastard persians lie about the house all day in furry silence.

Super Dexta said:
so does anyone know how many eyelids a cat has? that one nearly split stillborn priest down the middle.
Why do cats have three eyelids?
The third eyelid is actually a tiny triangle of pinkish or whitish
tissue that is sometimes visible in the corner of the cat's eyes. It's
called the haw, or nictating membrane.
Humans have something like it - the small pink bump at the inner corner
of the eyes. In the cat, the haw rises automatically and then moves
sideways across the eye to protect or lubricate its sensitive surface.

THRILLHO said:
Sapporo winter Olympics - 1972
Helsinki Olympics - 1952
Toronto was the right answer.

Super Dexta said:
it's not my fault we didn't look up the capital of turkmenistan when we were swotting.

Jesus, WE even got this!

THRILLHO said:

Sappro 1972
Olympic Winter Games

Helsinki 1952
Olympics

..It was Toronto I guess :(

Catwoman said:
At least *we* knew that the Righteous Bros weren't the first to record Unchained Melody!

*cough* it wasn't Jimmy Young either... :eek:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.lasso?id=1928

"It was a Top 30 charted tune by four artists when it was first released in 1955. Al Hibbler is believed to have been the first to sing the song. The song has charted in the Top 100 10 different times between 1955 and 1990. It was last charted in 1990 by the Righteous Brothers as the song was featured in the Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze film Ghost. My quote on the song is, Unchained Melodyfshould be called the Undated Melody. The song is timeless. Itfs a song that knows no death. A classic in the true sense. It's a safe bet that Unchained Melody will re-emerge once again in the current decade," Kapulsky said.
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/elnews-UnchainedMelody.htm

uh, yeah, i knew that. Al Hibbler, of course.

Stacy said:
Jesus, WE even got this!
sniff. we didn't even get half a point for knowing that it had a revolving gold statue of their crazed dictator.

or for any of our gratuitous umlauts, come to think of it.

george mcfly said:
my cat can say 'ham'
he likes ham a lot

Conor Bongo knows a guy who has a pet shark that can recite poetry to him. And fables. Especially fables.

Ebay junkies (the winners) are actually more intelligent than everyone who posted on this thread.

Gong Farmer said:
Conor Bongo knows a guy who has a pet shark that can recite poetry to him. And fables. Especially fables.

SHUT UP! You're no longer the capital of my heart, you're now a cul de sac in a housing estate miles from it.

george mcfly said:
i don't know about that. i saw a bryan adams cd floating around
I ended up with that and two darius cds.

as well as alot of worse stuff.

Still I got a Jean Michelle Jarre CD+DVD pack thing.

The DVD is just an hours worth of some girls eyes looking around whilst the songs play.

cheers to everyone who came!
betamax format rocked, I felt sick from too many brownies and chocolate,
and neosupervital is my hero and I wish he was somehow related to me.
so that I'd be related to cool.
cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back