Blackfort Table Quiz - Thursday 2nd December 2004 (2 Viewers)

Thanks all for coming along!
Sorry about being a right old sourpuss.

I think intelligence won on the day.

so was this deadly? Half of Anarchy99 went to see the Beta Band and the part that knew all the answers except the boring sport ones (i.e. me) had to lie on the couch in a daze. So we missed it.

it's not my fault we didn't look up the capital of turkmenistan when we were swotting. but at least *we* knew all of bob geldof's daughters' names.

Super Dexta said:
it's not my fault we didn't look up the capital of turkmenistan when we were swotting. but at least *we* knew all of bob geldof's daughters' names.
yes, repositories of valuable information, that's us. i'm sure we also had the best-decorated answer sheets.

a team sitting next to us that had one of mr. minka's workmates on it won - they zoomed ahead in the last round thanks to their mad song-recognizing skillz. our cunning tactic of "oh, yeah, that's, er, what's it called? by thingy? yer man?" wasn't quite what was required, it seems.

Super Dexta said:

We knew them all too! We even had the Heavenly Hiraani bit. :D

Mind you, there were a lot we didn't know...but hey, we're all winners!

Juno said:
We knew them all too! We even had the Heavenly Hiraani bit. :D

Mind you, there were a lot we didn't know...but hey, we're all winners!
See, reading Now magazine reaps many rewards. Even if we didn't actually *win* anything, mind.

kirstie said:

We came joint fourth. I knew we weren't going to win, but at least we came on a par with Jane/Liadain/Lisa's time, which was pretty good considering they had books! The team that were leading all the way though were called the Table of Doom. The surprise winners at the end were Ebay Junkies.

My favourite part of the whole night was seeing a timid looking thirty something man with glasses shrieking 'SUCK ON THAT, TABLE OF DOOM! SUCK! ON! THAT!'

so does anyone know how many eyelids a cat has? that one nearly split stillborn priest down the middle.

excellent! It sounds like a rivalry worthy of Team Deadly and Anarchy99.

Oh yes.

helena said:
We came joint fourth. I knew we weren't going to win, but at least we came on a par with Jane/Liadain/Lisa's time, which was pretty good considering they had books! The team that were leading all the way though were called the Table of Doom. The surprise winners at the end were Ebay Junkies.

My favourite part of the whole night was seeing a timid looking thirty something man with glasses shrieking 'SUCK ON THAT, TABLE OF DOOM! SUCK! ON! THAT!'

helena said:

WE DIDN'T LOOK AT THE BOOKS DURING THE QUIZ! THEY WERE JUST FOR SWOTTING UP BEFOREHAND! YOU FUCKS!!!

and it was the bad table of doom

From the page of "Fascinating Feline Facts"
Cats have a full inner-eyelid, or nictitating membrane. This inner-eyelid serves to help protect the eyes from dryness and damage. When the cat is ill, the inner-eyelid will frequently close partially, making it visible to the observer.

So, two.. I guess.

yeah they have 2. It looks gross if you wake them up suddenly and the inner eyelid doesn't go back as quick as the outer one. Sort of like V. You could have texted me and asked me that. I mean, not that you did text me. For any other reason. Ahem.

Camels have 4 eyelids I think. Thankfully Mike isn't here to disagree with me.

THRILLHO said:
From the page of "Fascinating Feline Facts"
Cats have a full inner-eyelid, or nictitating membrane. This inner-eyelid serves to help protect the eyes from dryness and damage. When the cat is ill, the inner-eyelid will frequently close partially, making it visible to the observer.

So, two.. I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back