black tie thingy (1 Viewer)

Good black suit is acceptable for sure.Not sure about any other kind of suit.

yellowquestion.jpg

A good black suit, or even dark suit, should be fine. But you should wear a dickie bow with it.

once i went to one and was too stingy to hire a suit so i wore a cobbled together black outfit with a dickie bow and i ended up looking like a butler there to serve all the people dressed poperly. nobody cared what i was wearing but i think i would have enjoyed it more if i had dressed appropriately.

I guess it depends, my last job our Crimbo Party was always black tie. The guy who won "best-dressed" at the last one I was at was wearing a lovely black (slightly old-fashioned) suit, a dress shirt, waistcoat and a dickie-bow. It really suited him and he was able to totally carry it off.

He'd have looked dreadful in a double breasted tux. Some of the rest of them looked like they were at their debs again - uncomfortable.

I guess it depends, my last job our Crimbo Party was always black tie. The guy who won "best-dressed" at the last one I was at was wearing a lovely black (slightly old-fashioned) suit, a dress shirt, waistcoat and a dickie-bow. It really suited him and he was able to totally carry it off.

He'd have looked dreadful in a double breasted tux. Some of the rest of them looked like they were at their debs again - uncomfortable.

They all look the same to me.

fuck sake dudley, can't you make this decision your self? roll the dice, like rhinehart. that'll tell ya all you need to know.

the clue is in the name.
hire a black suit, Dudley, and wear a black tie if you're not comfortable with a dicky bow - that's how Stan gets round it (on the many (one) black tie events we attend)

the clue is in the name.
hire a black suit, Dudley, and wear a black tie if you're not comfortable with a dicky bow - that's how Stan gets round it (on the many (one) black tie events we attend)

have the black suit already, shall just adorn myself with a black tie. tux schmux!

you have only two choices when it comes to bowties, spinning or flapping dickie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back