Black Cougar Shock Unit new MP3's... and one date still needed (1 Viewer)

Monk Dave

Hi,

I just got back from Atlanta with the new Black Cougar Shock Unit album and EP masters, so we stuck up a few MP3's from each... first two are from the new album, third is from the new EP...

What Happened :
http://www.thenewestindustry.com/Downloads/MP3s/BCSU_What_Happened.mp3

Tofurkey Is Faux Turkey :
http://www.thenewestindustry.com/Downloads/MP3s/BCSU_Tofurkey_Is_Faux_Turkey.mp3

House On Fire :
http://www.thenewestindustry.com/Downloads/MP3s/BCSU_House_On_Fire.mp3

We are still looking for a southern Ireland date for FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7th, 2005 (preferably somewhere like Cork as we have to get back to Wales on the ferry the next day)... it looks like Belfast and Dublin dates (the two days previous to the 7th) are sorted out... if someone could help us out with that, that'd be great... thanks... I hope you like the new songs.

Dave
http://www.thenewestindustry.com

Hi mate,

how far is Galway to the nearest "sea port" to get back to "The Wales"? Fuck it, I had a look at a map, I figure we can make that work, it's not like 5 thousand miles or anything! So shall I pencil that in, Fri Oct 8th in Galway? That'd be ace... please email me or jo (name)@thenewestindustry.com with further info as and when...

Thanks! Dave.

belfast is ok for the 5th. you can drive from galway to belfast in 4 and a half hours and to dublin in say 3 hours maximum. I'd say a return ticket to and from Liverpool to dublin would be best though I think I may have mentioned this to you via email.

this is true. galway to dublin is 3 hours minimum, galway to belfast would be coming close to 6 hours. if you want the ferry to wales you are looking at dun laoaghire (just outside dublin) to holyhead or rosslare (south eastern tip of ireland - c. 5 hours from galway) to fishguard.

We're thinking driving from Galway to Cork and sailing out of there as we need to sail right into South Wales (Swansea) - is there ferries from there, to there - so to speak? That or... from Wexford... is that feasable? The drives are not really an issue at this point in time. Thanks for all the info, guys!!

could be wrong here but i dont think there are any ferries out of cork. you want the rosslare (near wexford) to fishguard (in s.wales) route i think.

Thanks for all the info... the BCSU album and EP are now in the house, so to speak, well flat... so the blokes that were going to help with gigs, if you could email an address to jo @ thenewestindustry.com she'll send you out a promo of the album... it's pretty damn good!

Cheers, Dave.

Monk Dave said:
Thanks for all the info... the BCSU album and EP are now in the house, so to speak, well flat... so the blokes that were going to help with gigs, if you could email an address to jo @ thenewestindustry.com she'll send you out a promo of the album... it's pretty damn good!

Cheers, Dave.
Dave,
you could look into flying over!!! there's loads of places offering ridiculously cheap flights - but ferries are a better way to travel

Flying obviously would be great, but we'll be on a 7 week European tour with van and full backline, etc. etc. so it's not really feasable... but thanks again for all the help, you'd never get this in South Wales, haha. And bohs thanks for the offer, we might just take you up on it! So I am presuming there's like NO motorways in Ireland? Hence the longer journey times?

Nah, we kind of have them but the're all windy and such. It might be a bit of a better idea to play cork than galway that friday i'd say, unless you fancy travelling to bohs place. Dunno about ferry times on a saturday but if you're driving to wales after you'll pobably want a dead early start.

there are a few stretches of motorway in ireland - a lot around belfast, one around dublin, one for some of dublin-belfast, one for some of dublin-limerick/cork.

the road to galway is hilariously shit and goes through loads of bog towns and villages.

I think we'll be fine with it as it is, the van we're getting has a double bunk and driver included, so even if we have to leave the last gig and go straight to the ferry terminal, it's not really an issue at all. It's not like a 4 day drive through the desert or something... is it?

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back