Bite The Hand That Feeds The Poisoned Food zine. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 3

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
Finally got some reprints done, I'll be putting some more in the Secret Book & Record Store today too. What other record shops sell zines anymore?

Bite The Hand That Feeds The Poisoned Food #1, A5, 52 pages.
Interviews with Severed Head of State, Bastard Youth, Vitamin X, Tom Inglis (author of "Moral Monopoly: The Rise and Fall of the Catholic Church in Modern Ireland") and Niall McGuirk (author of "Document", a book which chronicles the DIY hardcorepunk scene & the Hope Collective in Dublin from the 80s onwards with recipes from lots of the bands who played [Crudos, John Holmes, Gorilla Biscuits, NOFX, Fugazi, etc]), plus lots of stuff on skating, food, politics, reviews, etc.

Looking for trades and distribution, please get in touch: [email protected].
Available otherwise for €2 Ireland/UK; €2.50 Europe; €3/$3.50 World.
BTH, c/o Cormy, 45 Beech Hill Drive, Donnybrook, Dublin 4, Ireland.

"Debut issue of this great Irish zine with good and interesting interviews...good writings about skaing, depression, morality...all layout in the old cut and paste style, making it look pretty chaotic until you actually try and read it and realise that its pretty clear...a passionate and very personal perspective" -Paco Mus, Reason To Believe #10.

"Wow, what a monster of a first issue...well done interviews...tons of well constructed political writings, reviews, and a manically chaotic but clean cut and paste layout make this a zine to be on the lookout for -a fine debut" -Mike Thorn, MRR Dec '03.

I'll be up in Dublin on Friday, might as well check it out. How do I get to the Secret Book and Record Store from O' Connell Bridge?

walk directly south to grafton street. take the first right off grafton street, walk past tower and a few doors down on your right you'll see a corridor and sign for the record store.
easy enough to find, just gotta look out for it.

NecroSteve said:
I've been told that it's run by members of the AFA. They're eejits by definition.
no it's run by members of AHA(Anti Human Action)

err..I presume your belief that AFA run it was a joke, if not, I assure you, the shop is most definitely NOT run by anyone who has anything to do with AFA!!

This is an actual photo of the staff of the record store.

jumplo.gif

sound! i didnt know you could give them to people. i just thought weeler marked people on their goodness. i thought he got his kicks by playing god or whatnot.

well liaden thanks very much as soon as i fiqure out how to do it ill return the fav!
;)

god you make weeler sound like some sort of fascist or something. :rolleyes:
you give people points by clicking the button in the top right corner of their post with the tick and stuff in it. the more points you have, the more you can give to other people, etc, but you can't give points to the same person more than once or twice, hence my signature....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back