Billy Corgan (1 Viewer)

sounds like someone thinks Corgan screwed them over cos the last pumpkins album was largely pants.

anyone listen to siamese dream lately. it hasn't really dated so well. Silverfuck like, awful tripe. It sounds like all the songs were washed and ironed before they were put on the album. But yet i remember it being some sort of soundtrack to a year of my life at some stage. I'm doing a lot of this lately, going back to my cassettes. Superunknown and Meantime still fuck shit up.|..|

just not siamese dream, as much, anymore

Ian said:
Zwan rule

I went to go see them at the Zenith in Paris, but when I got there the guy said they'd cancelled. and when I asked if they would come back, he said he didnt know.

god I was upset.

in other news, siamese dream is awesome. silverfuck fucking kicks ass!

I get a lump in my throat when I think of Smashing Pumpkins, but it passes.

varicose.jpg

did he tell you that you suck? I bet he did. not that I know or anything. Corgan is a lot like marmite.

anyone go see him last night? was pretty good. music was mostly electronic with Corgan doing his guitar hero thang. the stage visuals were cool too. some good songs stood out, some were a bit samey. seems like the album might be a grower. I love growers.

131731916_l.jpg

The visuals were unbelievable, I'm not saying paying body over fist is good, but production wise it was excellent, the guys who did Coldplay's Speed of Sound video were responsible for it and looked like they were thoroughly enjoying it dancing away on their desks, It was like looking at the worlds biggest flatscreen TV and not the dodgy type you see at outdoor concerts a real HI Density one. Great show i thought.

I'm gonna try emulate it at a smaller scale with a flatscreen tv and action man figures, and of course a barbie doll.

Hey, here's that graph I was telling you about Av'.

corgan.JPG

I couldn't fit the lower end of the scale on there, unfortunately : too shit.
Still, the new corgan record is streaming on his myspace.. did anyone mention that?

Hey, let's have a graph-off, it'll be just like religion class again.

GrRrrrR said:
Hey, here's that graph I was telling you about Av'.

corgan.JPG

I couldn't fit the lower end of the scale on there, unfortunately : too shit.
Still, the new corgan record is streaming on his myspace.. did anyone mention that?

Hey, let's have a graph-off, it'll be just like religion class again.

Eh, what the fuck!?!?!?!?!? Mellon Collie fucking rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenham said:
Gish was awful and it was all downhill from there.

Gish is a great rock and roll record...and Billy Corgan is an underrated guitarist...it's such a pity he made a lot of bad...no, very bad musical decisions and choices (everything up to Mellon Collie is decent, everything musically after that is just baffling and pathetic, besides the Zwan album which is more like the billy corgan of old)

and he also turned into what the media now call a neo-goth around, which is unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back