Betamax Format guys looking for new drummer for new project (1 Viewer)

most awesome post ever!

well, Red Dog, in answer to your question. it's not a case that Betamax has broken up, just the fact that some of the guys have other priorities now outside of playing music. so, they don't have the time to be in a band.. and it seems silly to go on as Betamax when it's just me left from our original line up.

so, yes, it will be under another name. which some people know already and yes it's more synth based, which i hope people like.

as for You Are Welcome In My House, it's not meant to be abstract. it's actually about a real person, who means a lot to me. but i guess people see what they want to see.. like people who see ghosts. unless they don't want to see them but see them anyway.

xo

Yeah but what about the love songs?? You know more love songs...... and eh uniforms :confused:

Another thing that i taught and im sorry to be superficial is that yous didnt all fit together visual on stage so start wearing a uniform or something.A bit of glamour never hurt anyone.

NeilFox1.jpg

we're looking for someone to play drums with us.

this is what we do
www.myspace.com/betamaxformat

new stuff is synth based, but maybe a bit darker in tone than betamax.
pm me yo

hey guy
gimme 6 weeks and i'll be able to take the stud out and put in a ring.

hurry, okay?

Is Steve gonna be in this?

yes, he's already in.

Are Betamax broken up now?

I seen yous playing a few times and i taught yiz were good but i always felt that yous were hedging your bets a bit -
You start off really synth-based, then it would get really guitar based it made the set less strong as a whole You know you really have to spell out to people what your about when your playing around Dublin or you'll just get sucked in to the pit of mediocrity. So glad to see your off the fence creativley.

Also yiz need to write a few more hits.So far yous have had one- that 'you are welcome in my house' song i like that- but whats it about?? - too abstract to the third party listener lyrically but it does have a nice vibe to it.Write about another 5 like that but make it more obvious what there about.Maybe a few love songs?

Im only saying this cause i saw yiz playing in whelans a few years ago and it was good ,der was a good vibe- but yous have to do something a bit better.

Another thing that i taught and im sorry to be superficial is that yous didnt all fit together visual on stage so start wearing a uniform or something.A bit of glamour never hurt anyone.

Also are you going to have the same name?Betamax Format is alright and all - but it sounds like there was already a band called Betamax so you stuck the Format bit on to avoid issues.
Give your selves a nice 3 word name thats based on how you make music or your motivation for starting a band.

Anyway ders some constructive criticism for yous for free!!!!

Ohh i dont play the drums by the way.

my goodness...

most awesome post ever!

well, Red Dog, in answer to your question. it's not a case that Betamax has broken up, just the fact that some of the guys have other priorities now outside of playing music. so, they don't have the time to be in a band.. and it seems silly to go on as Betamax when it's just me left from our original line up.

so, yes, it will be under another name. which some people know already and yes it's more synth based, which i hope people like.

as for You Are Welcome In My House, it's not meant to be abstract. it's actually about a real person, who means a lot to me. but i guess people see what they want to see.. like people who see ghosts. unless they don't want to see them but see them anyway.

xo

Best thread ever.

Just quoting that to make sure that I didn't imagine that it was posted. Apparently it was.

George, I hope you printed this off to carry around with. Maybe a tattoo.

Thank god it was free.

Will Apollo Creed still be training this new combo?

Apollo Creed was killed by Ivan Drago :-(

it's up to me now

George, I do believe you've found yourself an A&R man.

Ain't it the truth, yo. Want a lend of my mascara?

Such priorities as being an agressive drunk?

I want a piece of this action. I dont play the drums though, but how hard can it be?. I own a drum machine. pm me.

:-o x 1.000.0000

holy hell, Klive. our drummer is a lovely fella. not cool yo

How did ya know i was talking about your drummer?

i've never seen him do anything mean, on the sauce or not

stop changing your posts

peas out yo.

answer that pm so

Hey. We don't judge your hobbies.

Yeah but what about the love songs?? You know more love songs...... and eh uniforms :confused:

Seriously though a 1, 2, or 4 word name would be a big mistake.

Good advice. Score Hot Chicks?

Beat a Macs For Matt

Okay, five words.

What the fuck have i been wasting my life doing when i could have been looking at this thread.

AWSUM!

I want to retract that wow.I was drunk.Crazy thread though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back