Best place for cd pressing (1 Viewer)

Website
www.kidblunt.com
Want to press up 1000 cds including inlays and quality is extremely important. Also price is important too! Any ideas, I've heard the place in Wexford is tricky and Trend is a bit pricey...

I've heard (relatively) recently that Mid-Atalantic digital are the cheapest (ask 'Jimmy Magee' in thumped). I used GZCD in Czech republic in late 2002 for my cd, but it can get complicated with Import duties and so on. Music matters international do cheapish cd-r deals if you're into that kind of thing.

I don't have web links but google should sort you out.

mid atlantic are probably the cheapest in Ireland but poor on quality, ESPECIALLY the printing. In fact I wouldn't recommend them. I've also used Trend in the past, pricey but good.

Anthony said:
mid atlantic are probably the cheapest in Ireland but poor on quality, ESPECIALLY the printing. In fact I wouldn't recommend them. I've also used Trend in the past, pricey but good.

I had a shocking print job on the last settler CD, the disc face was nothing like the PDF, yes P.D.F... I sent to them... type missing and all... still looked deadly... obviously... can't remember where it was pressed... Mike?

That's great thanks...

We've used Trend before and they were pricey. Has anyone used this crowd duplication.ie from Wexford? They seem pretty good and have a fairly average price. Where did the Rednecks get their first album printed because the digipak looks amazing...

stephenoblunt said:
That's great thanks...

We've used Trend before and they were pricey. Has anyone used this crowd duplication.ie from Wexford? They seem pretty good and have a fairly average price. Where did the Rednecks get their first album printed because the digipak looks amazing...

As far as I know duplication.ie are agents for GZCD in Czech republic ... someone correct me if I'm wrong ... nothing wrong with that now.

lorcanzo said:
just using Music matters international.

the prices are great.
i'll let yiz know if it works out perfectly in the end.

at the mo, worth checking out.

I saw a cdr job they did recently and thought it looked shit. Weird kinda cheap cardboard type paper. Could just depend on what package you order though.

crumb got there's done by music matters international. really good price wise and vanessa is great to deal with. her number is 087 9219955, i think website is musicmattersinternational.com

Komodo Studios (co. down)

we do small run cdrs with quality graphics and large runs cheaper than anyone we've encountered.

call +44 02892 688 285 for details.

oh, and you won't beat us on demo recording either:

Recording a Demo Disc (2-4 songs)

Studio rental or Demo Schemes

The studio can be rented (with engineer) at £25.00 per hour, minimum rental 2 hours or you can take advantage of one of the following demo schemes

All KOMODO Recordings Demo Disc schemes involve the process of recording, editing, mixing, mastering, cover design, printing and duplication of the final CD. Please remember that the more songs you want to record, the less time there is to spend on performance and production. The schemes are designed primarily for Rock Bands but are also appropriate for many other groups and musical styles.

Scheme 2 Standard Demo - £500

This scheme incorporates a pre-production “practice recording” session for one evening with advice and suggestions from your Producer/Recording Engineer to ensure that the recording sessions will run smoothly and the final product will be to your satisfaction. This session can make a huge difference to the quality of the final CD that is sent to record companies.

Typical schedule for Scheme 2:

One evening pre-production (7pm-11pm)

Two days recording (10am-6pm)

One day mixing with band present

Mixed CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Modified CD Mastered by 2nd KOMODO Engineer

Scheme 2 includes 50 CDs with full colour graphics (2+1) and on-disk black on silver printing of Band name, logo and contact details, as well as a copy of all the songs as high quality MP3 files.

Scheme 1 Production Demo - £750

The Production demo scheme is designed to ensure you get the very best DEMO that your band is capable of making. After all, the whole point in a demo is to DEMOnstrate to a record company (or to a venue) that you have what it takes. For that reason it includes TWO pre-production sessions, the first of which is booked approx. a week in advance of the recording, and the second is booked the night before, to ensure that everything is set up for the next day.

Typical schedule for Scheme 1:

Two evenings pre-production (7pm-11pm)

Three days recording (10am-6pm)

One day mixing with band present

Mixed CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Modified CD Mastered by 2nd KOMODO Engineer

Mastered CD given to Band to listen to at home and make comments

Scheme 1 includes 100 CDs with full colour graphics (2+1) and on-disk black on silver printing of Band name, logo and contact details, as well as a copy of all the songs as high quality MP3 files.

komodo studios said:
All KOMODO Recordings Demo Disc schemes involve the process of recording, editing, mixing, mastering, cover design, printing and duplication of the final CD. Please remember that the more songs you want to record, the less time there is to spend on performance and production. The schemes are designed primarily for Rock Bands but are also appropriate for many other groups and musical styles.

are you Fr. Spodo Komodo?

stephenoblunt said:
Want to press up 1000 cds including inlays and quality is extremely important. Also price is important too! Any ideas, I've heard the place in Wexford is tricky and Trend is a bit pricey...

yiz get what yiz pay for. we asted to see the factory and they all said insurance sorry sorry then the cds wouldnt work most of the time and we found that some places send them to checkoslavakia or there burning them with nero in there bedrooms and we had to write off 700 squids worth of cds and go to a proper factory. did yiz know theres only three factories in ireland actully makin cds for bands???we had to go to a proper factory and start all over again so how many gigs do ye have to play to get 700 squids back?

ralph waldo
"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."

egg_ said:
Three factories? I thought it was only 2 - trend and mpo. Is there an actual pressing plant in Wexford?
Stoat album is being done in GZ in the Czech republic, always have found them to be reliable and good

There's Sonopress out in North Dublin. That's who Mid Atlantic use for their actual duplication. I've had Cd's done there that have come back with a glitch on every single CD. It turns out that the duplication engineer ignored errors reported after he uploaded the material to the server and proceeded with the duplication anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back