Best outdoor gigs or festivals in Ireland ever (2 Viewers)

Hey folks,

I'm writing an article on the above topic and figured that you lot would come up with some more interesting suggestions than "U2 at Slane".

Who was at the Mor festival when it twas hot? And anyone been to Leechrum or the Mantua festivals and what are they like?

Ta!

i remember hearing birs of feile '92 on the radio when i was younger thinking it was class
nowadays i wouldn't go near a festival

- leigh

i remember hearing birs of feile '92 on the radio when i was younger thinking it was class
nowadays i wouldn't go near a festival

- leigh

bandana-400.jpg

Too cool Leigh, too cool

Who played at Mor part 1 and why was it so cool? I was touring around Ireland at the time and we temporarily lost our drummer to Mor part 1...
And I'm being sold on Leechrum. Who runs the Leechrum festival? Is it hippies? it sounds like hippies.
Mór 1 = The Path unconscious for 2 days after downing a bottle of vodka.
Mór 2 = man poo on the dance stage.

Or was that Mór 1, too? Mór 2 = rain.

Mor1 was amazing! As much for the vibe as the music.

Best Music for me: Rollers/Sparkers, Paper Cop, UBS
Best Non music stuff:
-The Zombie ravers emerging dancing from the trees towards the sound Underworld at the main stage PA between acts.
-Finding my hidden stash of cans in the woods in the early hours
-Sunshine!

mor_fest_03_collage_sm.jpg

Where's wally?

Leetrum was way better then mantua. They ran outta food on the last night at mantua. Our band where also scheduled to go on at half 11 at night but didnt actually go on till half 2 or 3 and we only got 15mins on stage. Still fun times had by all.

Ohh and i got to meet eek-a-mouse

in fairness, mantua is a free party with bands and falafel.

it's what you make of it.

some of the best outdoor experiences have been free raves/parties.

also some of the worst.

ravewurst

hey patrick, broken social scene were on phantom yesterday when i was driving home,reminded me of that time when i met you whilst they were playing at electric picnic and that dude hit you up with a massive kiss on the cheek.
amazing.

how did he see yr distress if ya were in the portapotty dropping the kids off at the pool?

I was doing the 'Dying for a shite!' dance outside it I think. He must have put poo and poo together.

Hey, who remembers that fucking atrocity of a festival in Ballymore Eustace in 99' when it pissed rain and the power kept cutting out constantly on stage. There was smack and LSD all over the place, and the line-up was mental, I still have the flyer on my wall at home. One of the only times The Redneck Manifesto and Runnin Riot were on the same bill.

God be with the days...

And there were some raves on in the same quarry a few years later. Some of them were savage. The funniest for me, though extremely painful at the time, was passing out on a hill after loads of cider and yolks and not waking up until the following afternoon, burnt to a crisp by the sun on one side of my body. I was walkin around lookin like a tomato for about a week after.

ballymore eustace
I was at a deadly night there on musical mushies
burnt out cars everywhere
at the time i thaught they might have been dropping out of the skies
dems were the doos

i really liked one of the first electric picnics
i saw two or three bands and had a hoot

donabate beach was always good for a knees up

or that time in balbriggan (ish) where some dude nearly killed himself falling on rocks

was there good beach parties last summer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back