Best outdoor gigs or festivals in Ireland ever (1 Viewer)

Bad Intentions

Website
www.myspace.com
Hey folks,

I'm writing an article on the above topic and figured that you lot would come up with some more interesting suggestions than "U2 at Slane".

Who was at the Mor festival when it twas hot? And anyone been to Leechrum or the Mantua festivals and what are they like?

Ta!

I thought the Rainbow Gathering in 1993 was deadly

ireland.jpg

ga5.jpg

I got down for the Sunday fo the Leechrum fest last year while on tour with Mongolia and Domhnach Dubh. Id been drinking for about a week at that stage and was feeling really hungover, paranoid and grumpy.

Within minutes of arriving onto the campsite, random people were coming over to say hello, asking where I was from and if I was having a good time, which bands I was into, who I was down with etc... Then some people gave me a load of beer that they werent going to be able to drink and then some buckfast too... then I went to take a shit in a portaloo but there was no jax role. A guy running a stall noticed my distress and invited me into his big caravan to get some paper towels for me to use. The whole night was just amazingly positive and chilled out like no other festival of that scale that Id been to before. Simply amazing. The abscene of annoying security and rip-off beer tents definetly enhance the outdoor buzz in a big way too.

I got down for the Sunday fo the Leechrum fest last year while on tour with Mongolia and Domhnach Dubh. Id been drinking for about a week at that stage and was feeling really hungover, paranoid and grumpy.

Within minutes of arriving onto the campsite, random people were coming over to say hello, asking where I was from and if I was having a good time, which bands I was into, who I was down with etc... Then some people gave me a load of beer that they werent going to be able to drink and then some buckfast too... then I went to take a shit in a portaloo but there was no jax role. A guy running a stall noticed my distress and invited me into his big caravan to get some paper towels for me to use. The whole night was just amazingly positive and chilled out like no other festival of that scale that Id been to before. Simply amazing. The abscene of annoying security and rip-off beer tents definetly enhance the outdoor buzz in a big way too.

Yeah it was all really nice. This girl even let me sleep in her tent when I couldn't find mine.

Lark By The Lee.

Oh and feile 96 - the one day one. Some guy asked if i wanted to buy crack and when i said no he offered to suck my dick. Delightful.

Who played at Mor part 1 and why was it so cool? I was touring around Ireland at the time and we temporarily lost our drummer to Mor part 1...
And I'm being sold on Leechrum. Who runs the Leechrum festival? Is it hippies? it sounds like hippies.

Jesus, I talked two mates into thumbing, with no dosh, from Mayo to Cork for that Rainbow Gathering in 1993. The thought was that we would take lots of acid and get in on the hippy vibe. We were but a village away and turned back. Ended up sleeping in a car park, a truck that we broke into and a hay shed on the Cork rd outside Limerick (I woke up with a slug on my face!) Carefree days

Who played at Mor part 1 and why was it so cool? I was touring around Ireland at the time and we temporarily lost our drummer to Mor part 1...
And I'm being sold on Leechrum. Who runs the Leechrum festival? Is it hippies? it sounds like hippies.

crusty kids selling mdma.

Mor (first one) was amazing.

Max Tundra, Wevie Stonder, hairy beard dancer guy, lying on a floor in the castle listening to someone, dancing to someone, sunshine, wasps, warm cans....and loads of other shit i cant remember.

Twas like a dream. sniff....

Second one was good too. But the first....

Mor (first one) was amazing.

Max Tundra, Wevie Stonder, hairy beard dancer guy, lying on a floor in the castle listening to someone, dancing to someone, sunshine, wasps, warm cans....and loads of other shit i cant remember.

Twas like a dream. sniff....

Second one was good too. But the first....

felix cubin, lackluster before people got bored of him...

gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet. gotta toilet. where's me toilet. are you me toilet? where's me toilet.

Lark By The Lee.

Oh and feile 96 - the one day one. Some guy asked if i wanted to buy crack and when i said no he offered to suck my dick. Delightful.

Was he looking for a cheesburger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back