Best Irish Football Players Ever: Top 60 (1 Viewer)

NUMBER ONE, IS PAUL MCGRATH
NUMBER TWOOOO, IS PAUL MCGRATH
NUMBER THREE, IS PAUL MCGRATH
NUMBER FOURRRR, IS PAUL MCGRATH

WE ALL LIVE FOR A TEAM OF PAUL MCGRATHS, A TEAM OF PAUL MCGRATHS, A TEAM OF PAUL MCGRATHS!

liambrady.jpg

Not one for the 'team of Gary Breens' shite myself.
I would have ranked Lawrenson above the no-doubt-still-to-come Townsend for sure, and Sheridan was too much a bit player I think to come in the 30s, if you're looking for two cents...

http://greenscene.me/2011/03/best-irish-football-players-ever-20-11/

Now it's getting controversial. Stan at 11? Woah there horsey. A promising youngster who turned to a pure liability for about EIGHT YEARS before somehow playing respectably in WC 2002 while imitiating a washing board.
Shay Given at 14? Not having that at all!! Fucking hell, the man is (or was, if you insist) one of our very few worldclass players. All the love in the world for Packie Bonner, but Given is better in every department.

Sheedy was a great winger, great at scoring goals against England too, yussssss
Also, shitebag as he may have been, Stan was a great defender for a long time, and his left foot was fucking unreal

Sheedy was a great winger, great at scoring goals against England too, yussssss
Also, shitebag as he may have been, Stan was a great defender for a long time, and his left foot was fucking unreal

Sheedy was a superb 80s footballer ,though he played in an Irish team which bypassed midfield for the most part, he had the single best left foot I've ever seen (back when that meant something, admittedly he'd have been second rate in "modern" football, he had no pace, no right foot and was average defesively. But my god could the lad pass a football 5 to 70 yards he could put a ball on a 5 cent coin) Stan is a more wishy washy lad, now lets be honest, he was amazing at ball watching, getting sucked into the middle for no fucking reason and absolutely world class at letting his man go at set pieces (I'm pretty sure this is what forced him out at Liverpool and cost us some vital goals in the 1996 european qualifying campaign ( I think- someone will probably correct me) What he did have was a really strong and occaisionally accurate left foot he could put the ball on Cas and Quinns head from set pieces perfectly and he scored free kicks (occaisoinally) but he couldn't pass a ball 5 yards, he couldn't tackle and he was absolute shite in the air. He played in an international side that suited him and he played in a Villa side with a classic big lad, fast lad (Dwight Yorke and Dallian Atkinson) combo up front but overall he wasn't that great. Sheedy won plenty with us during the eighties, he could hold his own with anyone from that era, Stan was flattered by those around him (Especially McGrath .......times one million) It's maybe time we got real about our football legends most of them were shite and won fuck all. Still we qualified for the world cup quarter finals with them.

In Short C"mon Ireland.

Sheedy was a superb 80s footballer ,though he played in an Irish team which bypassed midfield for the most part, he had the single best left foot I've ever seen (back when that meant something, admittedly he'd have been second rate in "modern" football, he had no pace, no right foot and was average defesively. But my god could the lad pass a football 5 to 70 yards he could put a ball on a 5 cent coin) Stan is a more wishy washy lad, now lets be honest, he was amazing at ball watching, getting sucked into the middle for no fucking reason and absolutely world class at letting his man go at set pieces (I'm pretty sure this is what forced him out at Liverpool and cost us some vital goals in the 1996 european qualifying campaign ( I think- someone will probably correct me) What he did have was a really strong and occaisionally accurate left foot he could put the ball on Cas and Quinns head from set pieces perfectly and he scored free kicks (occaisoinally) but he couldn't pass a ball 5 yards, he couldn't tackle and he was absolute shite in the air. He played in an international side that suited him and he played in a Villa side with a classic big lad, fast lad (Dwight Yorke and Dallian Atkinson) combo up front but overall he wasn't that great. Sheedy won plenty with us during the eighties, he could hold his own with anyone from that era, Stan was flattered by those around him (Especially McGrath .......times one million) It's maybe time we got real about our football legends most of them were shite and won fuck all. Still we qualified for the world cup quarter finals with them.

In Short C"mon Ireland.

Also put ball in English net.

Most of our football legend weren't shite. It's just that I'd hardly call Stan a football legend. Or Robbie fucking Keane for that matter.
The likes of McGrath, Bonner, Given, Brady, Giles, these guys were top class. An Irish team with the top 11 would be capable of beating anyone! If they weren't all old/alcoholic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back