Benefit gig (3 Viewers)

Johnny17

Website
www.gardasiochanna.ie
hi all,

I was told to post this here because I hear you run a lot of benefit gigs?

I was thinking of having a benefit for the members of An Garda Siochanna injured in the riots a few weeks ago.Just to raise enough money to present a gift to their families as atoken from the community to show we respect the work they do.

i have been in touch with a certain hip venue in town and they are on for it but I was want to attract the youth to it too i.e 18-25 year olds so I was wondering if anyone who has a band here would send me there demo if they would like to play.

thanks in advance guys.

Ha ha deadly! Can't wait to see where this thread finally ends up in the tangent filled thumped universe.

Why would you thank them for doing their job? I don't get thanked for going to school, when I work I don't get thanked for lugging crates around.

Johnny17 said:
hi all,

I was thinking of having a benefit for the members of An Garda Siochanna injured in the riots a few weeks ago.Just to raise enough money to present a gift to their families as atoken from the community to show we respect the work they do.

i have been in touch with a certain hip venue in town and they are on for it but I was want to attract the youth to it too i.e 18-25 year olds so I was wondering if anyone who has a band here would send me there demo if they would like to play.

thanks in advance guys.

awesome.
best early April Fool's joke ever.

OLP said:
Why would you thank them for doing their job? I don't get thanked for going to school, when I work I don't get thanked for lugging crates around.

Do you put your life on the line for members of your community???
I dont think so young fella.

This seems to be being treated a skeptically so I would like to add that only people who want participate genuinely should contribute.

No, no-one forces me too. The same way no-one forces them to.

I wanna be an electrician, if I somehow get electrocuted and the worst comes to worst, no-ones gonna throw a benefit gig for me, because I chose the job and undertook the small risk. The same way any Garda does.

A Garda has about as much chance of getting killed on the job as I do of crossing the street.*

*I'm not sure of any facts as I couldn't be botherd looking for them so I'm sorry if this is incorrect.

OLP said:
No, no-one forces me too. The same way no-one forces them to.

I wanna be an electrician, if I somehow get electrocuted and the worst comes to worst, no-ones gonna throw a benefit gig for me, because I chose the job and undertook the small risk. The same way any Garda does.

A Garda has about as much chance of getting killed on the job as I do of crossing the street.*

*I'm not sure of any facts as I couldn't be botherd looking for them so I'm sorry if this is incorrect.

Typical childish reasoning.
I wont be lured into arguing with a fourteen year old with no grasp on how this world works.

More people die in road accidents than cops die on the job. That doesn't mean I should be commended for having the courage to drive down the road, does it?

I'm only saying this to try and clarify OLP's point...... by saying the exact same thing. Oh well.

cool idea, I was thinking of doing a Gerry McCabe memorial gig.

Johnny17 said:
hi all,

thanks in advance guys.
Punk Points for this early April Fools
for sure for sure

BTW Was Johnny's (Johnny was) 1-16 all struck down in the line of duty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back