Benefit gig for Bohs - Sat January 15th - deadly line up! (1 Viewer)

bohs punks

Website
Visit site
As you may know Bohs FC are in a financial mess and are struggling to survive - the club has played an important role in supporting the punk scene in recent years and now its time to put something back. Gig priced at 7 euro which judging by the Bacchus gig is current rate and imho a bargain. Me and Chodan and Cormoclash are working at this but offers of help setting up, doing door for a bit, taking down stuff etc welcome.

Its also the weekend of me and Teresas birthdays so come celebrate with us -41 and 42 respectively!

below can be cut and pasted into / increase font size / centre text etc into a flyer if anyone fancies helping spread the word.........

Bohs Spirit of 77 Supporters Crew proudly present
Bail out Bohs
Not The Banks!
120 years of History in Danger of Extinction
Yes Bohs spent too much in recent years but so did the
bankers and developers who have wrecked the community
but are stil being saved . Help save Bohs!

Benefit night of Punk Rock with…

Easpa Measa
( Leinster Rockin out Crust)

Roosky

(Dublin Hardcore Legends)

Moutpiece
(Dublin Garage Rock n Roll Machines)

Cruibin
(Cork City Supporting Oi!)

Found on The Floor
(New Ross Punk / Metal hybrid)

Saturday January 15th 8.00
at Bohs’ Phoenix Bar,
DalymountPark, Phibsboro

€7 Any donations on top very welcome!

All money raised will be invested in Bohs tickets which will be used to encourage new people to go to games.
The club gets money upfront and then more at the bar etc when tickets are used.

Positive drinking night …
the more you drink at the bar the more Bohs benefit
!

1555129_w2.jpg

NOW WHO'S FUCKING HOMELESS NOW WHO'S FUCKING HOMELESS LA LA LA LA HEY!!!!!!

Anyway not going to fall into a row here by pointing out how rovers dont have a ground, SDCC do or how rovers did the taxpayers out of a fortune in tax and misappropriated grants - this is a thread about a gig - theres a sports forum on here for the other stuff - go start a thread there.

Seems to be a lot of interest in the gig!

Anyway not going to fall into a row here by pointing out how rovers dont have a ground, SDCC do or how rovers did the taxpayers out of a fortune in tax and misappropriated grants - this is a thread about a gig - theres a sports forum on here for the other stuff - go start a thread there.

Seems to be a lot of interest in the gig!

Really?Why come out with all the other stuff then?
Who owns dalyer now?Albion or danninger?Zurich will probably own that magical* car park of yours soon too just to add to the confusion.
Anyway,maybe the fai will buy tallaght stadium for rovers one day a la dalymount park and bohs back in the 80's.I love how yis always forget that point when taking the high moral ground.
Final point-rover's past financial troubles were caused by the action's of a greedy few who owned the club then,bohs current troubles stem from the inaction of your esteemed members who couldn't/wouldn't see that they were treading the exact same path shel's had went down only a few years previously.And with the same man was at the wheel in each case.Naivety or just plain stupidity?

*magical in that it's the only piece of land in Ireland that didn't lose any value with the collapse of the celtic tiger.I guess yis deserve some praise for the creativity of your accounting.

Sorry,i just had to quote this for posterity,a boh's fan having a go at another club's financial situation.Amazing.

how much did you lose this year and last?
http://www.tribune.ie/article/2010/aug/08/shamrock-rovers-losses-rise-to-620570/
- naivety or just plain stupidity?

Now,for the article itself,the most important term in it is 'retained losses'
Retained losses are losses carried forward,the majority of that e620k come's from our financial crisis back in 2005.But that wouldn't make for as interesting/exciting a headline would it?Further,as stated in the article,the additional e200k (approx) is from financial year 08/09 and not this year as you suggest.
I would imagine our exploits in europe this year will put us on a sounder footing for the future,also we plan on operating on a reduced budget for next year so that shouldn't do any harm to our financial state.Ignoring all the above-i'll happily take a debt of e620k to one of between four and five million.

Regardless of the rivalry between our teams,i wish yis the best of luck sorting things out,rovers fan's are only too aware of the heartache that would come with losing your team.

Lads, I believe the forum you are looking for is called 'Hey, Ref' or something like that. I think that's the one anyways, I have never clicked on it cuz I just wanna talk about music.

Good interest in the gig, looks to be a good crowd going.

thoedore or whatever your fuckin name is. like bohs punks said this is about a gig at dalymount not your inbred politics.

It's theodore,is it really that difficult to look a few post's up the page?
Insightful contribution otherwise though.As an aside,at least the 'inbred politics' of irish football keep's this thread near the top so drawing more attention to the gig.That's gotta be worth something surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back