Belfast: The Youth Are Getting Restless (1 Viewer)

mac warzonescum

Website
Visit site
Just thought I'd let you know:

The protests have been going well over the past two days up here. About 400 on Thursday (mostly schoolkids), about 200 today. Roads were blocked, flags were burnt, we were read the riot act - the perfect end to a perfect day. The big demo is tomorrow.

Dee let the side down badly by turning up with a CRASS FIGHT WAR NOT WARS banner. God that's so retro...

xKids put the adults to shamex

The kids on Thursday put the more seasoned "activists" to shame. The sheer energy and sense of urgency that the kids brought to Thursday gathering was nothing short of inspiring and put Saturdays protest to shame.

While the numbers may have been bigger on Saturday (the protest was shite basically), much needed energy and motivation was lacking. The speeches were all well and good, if a bit long winded at times, but I don't think yesterdays gathering really made anywhere near as much impact as the Thursday protest.

What was really pathetic was the attempts by certain people to help the police do their job. If people want to block the road or engage in sit-down protests who is anyone from the ICTU to stop them? It's all very well to distance yourself from certain actions if you disagree with them but to actively discourage them and help the cops by pointing out people who have chosen a different means of voicing their rejection of war is pathetic. Don't help the cops do their job! At least they can say they get paid for being twats, don't help them by doing it for free.

We need more actions, not only speeches - I wider variety of methods of the rejection of war and the system that creates such division. Importantly what we do not need is people touting on those who believe there are more ways than just speeches and strikes to oppose war.

Anti War protest on Saturday

On page 4 of the Sunday Life today there is a fuckin amazin picture of Conor and I holding up our hilarious "Belfast Straightedge against the War" placard, it actually is one of the best photographs I have ever seen.

the Yout'

Check page 11 of IrishNews today - there is an amzing picture of IanYouth masked up - fucking right!
Also Page 17 of the Mirror there's more pics of Belfast StraighEdge against the war.
Thanks for the idea Patrick - I definitely think there'll be some X-d fists beating Dubya next time!

hehehe. I really wanna see that picture of Ian.
apparently I was on TV shouting 'get your fuckin hands off me' in that big sargent guy's face. haha
I hate that guy. I have bruises in the shape of his fingers on my arms...shudder.
But did anyone notice he wasn't just standing back giving orders like at RTS? He was kicking people in the lock on and stuff. Weird that he'd get involved like that when he has so many minions to do it for him. Maybe he was getting bored of just watching the fun.
On an unrelated note, I was talking to a bike pig and they dont have to wear numbers. I asked why and he just said he didn't know, and something about 'coz we're on bikes'. A simple chap bless him.

Originally posted by mazzyianne
On an unrelated note, I was talking to a bike pig and they dont have to wear numbers. I asked why and he just said he didn't know, and something about 'coz we're on bikes'. A simple chap bless him.

As far as I know (and i have no idea where i heard this) they're only obliged to wear their numbers on the shoulders of their actual uniform jackets, and not on anything like bike gear or high-visibility vests.

I'm not sure if this is an actual exemption or if it's because they were never supplied with the things - I think it's the latter, but as I said I've no idea where i heard this.

to civil-d or not to civil-d

i was one of the participants on saturday that felt a civil resistance at the dispersal of the demo was unwise and unfortunately LOST my temper with an SWP woman. a friend who's got my back diffused the situation by suggesting i "drop off" and my head cleared and i left the kids to it.

in my experience of the decision to resist there are a few wise preparations to make - (besides banners/masks/tags, etc)

an arrest in the latter twentieth/twenty-first century is NOW
a serious situation - the police have powers that are undemocratic and unpublished. Police Officers worldwide can seize someone, toss them in a van and dissapear them WITHOUT first or ever CHARGING you. therefor i've always had a plan agreed with friends at times of resisting police.

1- who am I? who are we? (names/addresses/description) known by as many people within and without a demo as possible.
authentic names/made-up personas still need to be connected to the outside world. cell/mobile phones do not apply in custody.

2 - who's my/our solicitor - you can stand against the system all you like but if you do not have someone who can represent you -
one may become lost and return to civilisation bruised.
i've spent up to 72 hours in tomb cells in numerous cities in the united states bruised/cut/ shoulder and vertebrae dislocated with no medical attention/no charge and no legal representation until the group i was part of could find me/us.

3 - the deepest awareness that these choices will change your life in a positive way depite physical knocks because you have STOOD UP and RESISTED for what you believe in.
(i was reminded of this by another colleague saturday and thanked him as well.)

if these conditions were/ere in place in belfast and elsewhere RESIST RESIST RESIST. SUPPORTING THE TROOPS IS PULLING THEM OUT to live their lives and to allow the Middle East to lead themselves.

Originally posted by mazzyianne

Those bike pigs are sexy wee bastards. It might just be their tight-fitting uniforms but I heard that they only get the best looking young lads with the biggest cocks to be bike pigs. They can dominate me any day of the week! I suppose its cos all the rest of them are too old and fat to fit on bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back