beijing to mongolia (1 Viewer)

sarah

Website
www.flickr.com
has anyone here ( la la?!) travelled these regions before?

I have a vague plan of wanting to see Beijing and then taking a tour of mongolia but wondering are the any good sites to find travel operators in that area. who are the best flight companies etc to fly to china and best sites to find out visa info etc?

any suggestions pointers appreciated
also cool tales of places you've been around that neck of the wood.

how about taking the trans-siberian express or trans-mongolian route?

http://www.seat61.com/Trans-Siberian.htm

I've been dreaming of taking the silk route for years....

Silkroute-map.jpg

has anyone here ( la la?!) travelled these regions before?

I have a vague plan of wanting to see Beijing and then taking a tour of mongolia but wondering are the any good sites to find travel operators in that area. who are the best flight companies etc to fly to china and best sites to find out visa info etc?

any suggestions pointers appreciated
also cool tales of places you've been around that neck of the wood.

hey sarah, a friend travelled through mongolia on the way to beijing, will ask him if he's any advice for you...

Aye, been dreaming about the trans-siberian to Vlasivostok, then hopping on a ship to northern Japan, for years, too. Or to do a Glenn Gould and take a train north up Canada to the end of the line, then turn back.

I wonder if there's a similar route right down Africa...

Hi, I live in Mongolia and travelled here independently by the Trans Monglian express 3 years ago. I now manage a travel agency here so please feel free to contact me for advice. Travelling from Beijing to Mongolia is easy and there are several options depending on time and budget. Mongolia is well worth a visit.

www.mongolia-resorts.com
[email protected]

hey sarah,

the other half went to mongolia with raleigh(sp?) international a few years ago..they travelled around a fair bit (starting and ending in ulan bataar) and built a health centre in a small community..although he didnt a fair few people then travelled on to china..he loved mongolia though..he never bloody shuts up about it:)

hey sarah,

the other half went to mongolia with raleigh(sp?) international a few years ago..they travelled around a fair bit (starting and ending in ulan bataar) and built a health centre in a small community..although he didnt a fair few people then travelled on to china..he loved mongolia though..he never bloody shuts up about it:)

that sounds brilliant! someone else on here was talking about the baikal lake project in siberia which involves building a track around the lake to promote eco tourism.
but I realised i'm too selfish this time round to stay in the one place for too long as I have never been in that part of the world before I want to see as much as possible.:eek:

for anyone contemplating a similar route this coming summer 08... don't forget about the olympics, apparently beijing is going to be insane I don't fancy that much sports related madness so am postponing (sp?) til following year.

im mad to go to mongolia, im thinking of going next year (but may skip it in favour of the 'stans). i met this couple recently - a mongolian lass and her american bf, and he was telling me he about he went there and went to some part where they hunt using eagles. they keep the eagles in a cage and make them hungry then bring them up to the top of the mountain on horse back and then release the eagle. because the eagle has been half starved it goes off to kill and eat something but the lads on horseback follow it and take the catch off the eagle. apparently theyre all superb horse riders and vodka guzzlers.

i had these friends living in beijing and the guy went to mongolia for a visit and was to stay with a mongolian family. he asked someone if he should bring a gift or something for the family and was told to just bring something for the children so he bought colouring books and markers and that kinda thing but when he got there found out the children were all in their 30s. im not surei f he gave them the gifts or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back