beck -the information (1 Viewer)

Dudley's heart is full of anger.
Open your chestal cavity, and let Xenu into your ventricles.

I find it to be very like Guero (i.e. it sounds like he dropped all his older albums into a blender and this came out). It's very solid, enjoyable but there isn't too much that really sticks out.. Cell Phone's Dead maybe. Could maybe do with cutting a track or two. It got hammered in the Sunday Times today (one star review) with the guy basically saying that Sea Change was his best album and that he shouldn't go back to Odelay style cut'n'paste after making that... I disagree.

I like it okay, but only cause it's not as awful as Guero (saying that was a return to Odelay was the biggest load of PR horse shit and a sure sign that folk knew that record was pants)

But when you think about it, it's got nothing on it that can stand against his best work... it's kinda sad... you used to cool Beck, you've changed

Sunday Times dude makes the point that Simple Kid is out Becking Beck, and while thats a little too simplistic, that SK record is pretty cracking in the lo-fi beats and acoustic guitars department

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back