be warned, tv licence boyos about (3 Viewers)

had the misfortune to see some rte comedy show last night - it was so spectacularly unfunny they should be paying all of us a licence to make this poo!!!

some guy's catchphrase appeared to be whistling, actual whistling, not the word itself.

sweet jesus!

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Got one of them letters yesterday. Was thinking of what to do to avoid paying if yer man shows up (one of them showed up in the last place i lived so i've no doubt he'll show up soon enough in this place).

What if you just plain don't answer the door? Like, you can see the telly from our front window, but what if it was up loud and you pretend you can't hear them?

friends of mine refuse to pay their licence. their tv is also visible from the front window. the trick is no matter what never tell anybody at the door that you live there and what your name is. give them nothing. say you don't live there and there's nobody who lives there in. they can't actually come into the house unless you invite them in. it takes a lot of 'brass neck' or ehatever but keep it short and close the door after telling them what you want, telling them it's not a good time. if they send you a bill or a warning that's addressed to someone living there then ring them up and tell them that there is no one of that name living there and you have no tv. again refuse to give them your name.

a friend of mine up north once had the licence lad call to his gaff once:
licence lad: "do you have a tv?"
my mate: "yes"
licence lad: "do you have a licence?"
my mate: "no" *slams door*
he never heard from them again.

I Have to PAY to see this cunt.

00003ce7dc.jpg

DuncheeKnifed said:
friends of mine refuse to pay their licence. their tv is also visible from the front window. the trick is no matter what never tell anybody at the door that you live there and what your name is. give them nothing. say you don't live there and there's nobody who lives there in. they can't actually come into the house unless you invite them in. it takes a lot of 'brass neck' or ehatever but keep it short and close the door after telling them what you want, telling them it's not a good time.
That sounds like a plan. Does your mate get repeated visits, or do they not bother or what? The licence fellah i met before looked like he wouln't put up much of a fight if you just stonewalled him like that.

Juno said:
Like vampires.

very true. i never invite anyone into my house incase they are a vampire. it happened to a friend of mine once in this film. anyway, it's grand then, if i get an inkling that they're a vampire i can stab them with a stake. usual clues to vampirism are fear of being beaten around the head with a large crucifix or not flushing the toilet.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Got one of them letters yesterday. Was thinking of what to do to avoid paying if yer man shows up (one of them showed up in the last place i lived so i've no doubt he'll show up soon enough in this place).

tell him you renting, maybe you are renting, you've just moved in, you don't know what the deal, your totally confused, you've had a nasty fall and you can't get up

he'll give you 4 weeks to get a licence, standard procedure

I don't know what happens next cause I got a licence, in fairness when he called the simpsons was blaring behind me and I felt guilty even thinking asbout bullshitting him

"oh that's my simpsons... audio... cassette... recording.... playing... um..."

ReadySteadyJedi said:
That sounds like a plan. Does your mate get repeated visits, or do they not bother or what? The licence fellah i met before looked like he wouln't put up much of a fight if you just stonewalled him like that.

yeah, they've lived there a few years. one of them gave his name and went to court and got fined but one of the other lads just rang up afterwards and said he didn't live there anymore. i wonder if they thought he got kicked out for getting caught out, ha - "sorry man, you'll have to leave. you're just a damn tv licence liability. you're dead to us now."

they don't get loads of hassle or anything. i'd say resources don't streach that far.

Damon_Kind said:
My own brother a Goddamn shitsucking TV Licence inspector!!!

corey_bubble.jpg
IF HE CALLED TO MY DOOR LOOKIN' LIKE THAT.. I'D BE IN COURT ALRIGHT.
ALLAHQUANDO!!

YOU CAN ALSO WRITE "DECEASED" ON THE BILL AND SEND IT BACK. CONFUSES THEM FOR A WHILE. THEN GO WITH THE STONEWALL WHEN THEY CALL ROUND.
ALLAHQUANDO!!

NAKED CAMERA!!! I WILL NOT FUND THIS KIND OF SHIT.

IT'S LIKE BUYING VAN HALEN III.

ALLAHQUANDO!!

I've gotten about three letters about not having renewed the TV license to my place now. Luckily they've been addressed to the old resident.

ReadySteadyJedi said:

What if you just plain don't answer the door? Like, you can see the telly from our front window, but what if it was up loud and you pretend you can't hear them?

Ours came in the post too , yesterday when I handed it to my ma , she fucked it into the back of the car.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Ours came addressed to "The Residents".

seriously - when they call around to extort the money, you've got to answer the door in a tux & giant eyeball head.

(then let me know if this works in scaring them away - mine is coming up too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back